myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Aruba Gear - Reserve Ahead or get it onsite?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patwd

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Aruba Gear - Reserve Ahead or get it onsite? Reply with quote

Headed to Aruba in May [next week].

Should I book my gear ahead of time ... or get it onsite?

I was told availability wouldnt be an issue this time of year.

Im more wondering if theres a price difference ... sometimes booking internationally you have to pay added comission / fees ... other times locally they feel like youre trapped and charge you more.

Im planning on renting from Vela since Ill be staying at the Marriott.

Thanks
artnvicky

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: RE: Aruba Gear - Reserve Ahead or get it onsite? Reply with quote

Windsurf gear was the only thing hubby and I didnt pre-book when we visited Aruba 2 weeks ago. Believe it, you do not have to worry about getting equipment or paying more because you waited till you got there to rent. We tried all 3 windsurf rentals and loved Aruba Boardsailing Productions the best. JP, the owner, has THE best location and THE best price. His selection is less, but hey, how many boards and sails does one need at one time? He was so friendly and helpful too. He is just a quick walk up the beach from where you are staying. My advice, check him out before signing up for a weeks rental. Plus, the gusts there made us glad that we rented equipment 2 to 4 hours at a time. Have fun and dont forget the sunscreen. VJ
bbrand

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: RE: Aruba Gear - Reserve Ahead or get it onsite? Reply with quote

This is a question Ive asked myself as well. It all boils down to money, really. If money is no object, reserve ahead of time for what, $60/day?
Ive been to Aruba in April 3 times and can tell you that I probably sailed 17/21 days. So NOT prereserving would not have saved me much money. If youre going to Aruba to sail everyday, Id prereserve the equip. It you think youll only want to sail about half the time, Id wait for the windy days and pick out my gear the moment Vela opened on the day I was to rent.
Have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: