myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Kanaha's Robert Peck, 5/10/06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldgrommet

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Kanaha's Robert Peck, 5/10/06 Reply with quote

I dont read the windsurf forums much, so I dont know how active a forum it is. I just thought, though, that some of you may have come across a very special man, if youve done any sailing in Kanaha. I read this in the Maui Times today:
KANAHA WINDSURFER SUFFERED HEART ATTACK

WAILUKU – A 77-year-old windsurfer pulled from the ocean off Kanaha Beach Park on Wednesday suffered a heart attack, according to preliminary autopsy results.

Police identified the man as Robert Peck of Kula.

He was brought to shore Wednesday afternoon by lifeguards investigating a report of an unattended windsurf board in the ocean. He was taken by ambulance to Maui Memorial Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, police said.

Preliminary results of an autopsy done Thursday indicated Peck suffered a heart attack, said police Lt. Glenn Cuomo of the Criminal Investigation Division.

Bob was a special man, and Im sure anyone who met him would walk away better for the experience. At least he was doing what he loved up to the last minute of his 77 years on this planet.

OG
theq

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: RE: Kanaha's Robert Peck, 5/10/06 Reply with quote

I didnt know him but my hats off to him. Sailing Maui in his 70s. Thats pretty impressive. And youre right, what a way to go.
dabull1

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: RE: Kanaha's Robert Peck, 5/10/06 Reply with quote

Mr Peck won the lottery of life. I recall rigging next to him on the grass at Kanaha several times over the years. A man of few words but the twinkle in his eye as he gazed out on the whitecaps told the tale of a man stoked on life in the wind. This year when we visit Haleakala, lets all remember Mr Peck and hail this wonderful we are blessed with. Aloha and Mahalo, Bull
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: