myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WS magazine??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: RE: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

WS promoting a prez candidate? if you are refering to Kerry on the water, you are digging pretty deep. It was one of their more unique pieces. Did I miss something or is that what you are talking about?
dougal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: RE: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

Windsurfing is addictive and the most zen like activity that I have ever experienced, but its a sport. Some of us have career and family oriented lives who happen to love windsurfing, so it aint in the cards to move to windsurf. Life is not simple. Its a complicated web of relationships and tough decisions. There is more to life then windsurfing. Wow - I need a vacation!!
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: RE: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

Its in the cards if were the dealer; I can think of very few careers or kinds of families that cant be moved. After all, the guy DID say he was landlocked in hell and has no family. A friends son recently walked off his job, bought a home clear across the country, THEN interviewed for a job. He was hired on the spot. The town I live in hired several thousand engineers and tradesmen 3-5 years ago. But it doesnt happen by itself; we have to take the initiative. Ive hand-picked all of the 8-10 states and towns and jobs Ive occupied so far as my interests evolved, and, of course, took my family with me. Theres no reason to remain landlocked in hell, and there are VAST differences in recreation, freedom, and other opportunities from one part of the country to another.

Mike \m/
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: RE: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

Yup. But since I dont save my mag copies, I cant quote their promotional comments. I dont want unilateral political crap in my commercial windsurfing literature.

Mike \m/
guruwind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: RE: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

I like the british mags windsurf and boards.

Not srue which one i like better but the two of them are similar. Very interesting, well written and meaty. WS mag seems like 15 pages of paragraph articles.

Maybe readership for the british mags is higher overseas so they can afford to print longer interesting articles and indepth tips?

d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: