myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Weeds at Cabrillo this spring?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lutehowland

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Weeds at Cabrillo this spring? Reply with quote

Hi,

I was wondering how the weeds are this year at Cabrillo - both inside and outside. I need to tune up my formula gear but dont want to drag kelp if I can avoid it Smile
Will go to Long Beach if its weedy at Cabrillo.
capetonian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: RE: Weeds at Cabrillo this spring? Reply with quote

The weed bank has enlarged, but so far it is avoidable. I sailed there Friday and Sunday, and I only caught weed once (with a 48 cm fin) when I went fairly far upwind. The weeds at county line and leo carillo are worse.
lutehowland

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Weeds at Cabrillo this spring? Reply with quote

Thanks - that sounds good. I dont mind the kelp beds but its the loose pieces that drive me nuts. Im thinking about that stainless steel fin from tectonics and doing some sharpening Smile
coolmtnbiker048

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: RE: Weeds at Cabrillo this spring? Reply with quote

A couple of hardcore formula guys always launch from Seal Beach. They have the red and silver mercedes windsurf vans.
mat12t

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Wetsuits Reply with quote

What type of wetsuit would you wear this time of the year at Cabrillo? 3/2 or 4/3? What about summer?
capetonian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3/2 even in the coldest months. Spring suit (2/2 with short arms and legs) in late spring and fall. Swimming trunks and a lycra long sleeve top (for sun protection) in the middle of summer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: