myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
LOST KITE AT LEO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Lost and Found
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dabull1

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: LOST KITE AT LEO Reply with quote

Whoever lost a kite at Leo Thursday... I tried to rescue your kite however darkness and decreasing wind lessened my chances to get back to shore in one piece. Before abandoning the rescue I let some air out of the bladders so it would lay down on the kelp bed I tied the windward lines to. If you get this early Friday hopefully you'll find the kite where I moored it about halfway between Leo south Rockgarden area and Zeros about 150 yards out... take a kayak and hopefully she'll still be there. Good luck! WINDSURFER Bull
geohaye

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull,
you might want to post this notice on the iKitesurf Forum, since that dude probably reads the iKitesurf forum, not the iWindsurf forum:

http://forums.ikitesurf.com/viewforum.php?f=4
FredBGG

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull

That was bloody nice of you..
I hope the guy gets it back.

Cheers

Fred
1wave

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: LOST KITE AT LEO Reply with quote

dabull1 wrote:
Whoever lost a kite at Leo Thursday... I tried to rescue your kite however darkness and decreasing wind lessened my chances to get back to shore in one piece. Before abandoning the rescue I let some air out of the bladders so it would lay down on the kelp bed I tied the windward lines to. If you get this early Friday hopefully you'll find the kite where I moored it about halfway between Leo south Rockgarden area and Zeros about 150 yards out... take a kayak and hopefully she'll still be there. Good luck! WINDSURFER Bull

Just saw your note today. Really, really appreciate the effort. I went back the next day and it was gone! I over shot the beach after dropping my kite and once I passed the rocks, I was screwed, swimming in an endless pool of kelp, I had to ditch the kite in order to get back to shore. It was gusty that day and my POS Waroo flipped completely inside-out for no reason! It was wierd, couldn't relaunch and couldn't get it to flatten out, everything was twisted. Got dark pretty quick, which is also part of the reason I had to ditch it. Not to bash on Waroos to much, but also saw a guy's panel completely split last week at Leo, between the 3rd and 2nd struts on one side of his Waroo. Sounded like he dropped his kite, but it basically split in half in mid-air. Both his and mine were 2006 12m Waroos if there's any pattern there! Anyway, after that experience, I'm done with flat kites, converted back to Cs. Again, thanks for the effort!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Lost and Found All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: