myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Event Site Rules (Breaking)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
minstigate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I read the whole thing. You referred to my comment.

2) Yes, crashing into each other is dangerous. I'm not arguing with you there. I've been sailing in the Gorge for more than 20 years, and I'm still in one piece. Amazing considering there were no signs saying not to plane, and no informers to keep things honorable and safe.

3) I have been hit by a wave fin. Admittedly, it hurt, but it didn't cut me in half. Sure, it must have glanced. I won't argue that it can kill you.

4) I'm not a scientist, I'm 28. My name is Mitch Gingrich. Come find me anytime. We can have you're little sail off if that's what you're asking for. I'm not calling you a wanna be or accusing you of being that little kid. I am a has been. No question there. I've been sailing with a lot of those guys for years, and I watched them jibe there for years. All I'm doing is sticking up for some friends, and for people who're having something special to them taken away.

5) I've done a few competitions. Does that satisfy you? I raced from the ages of 14 to 18, and so spent a bit of time there. I always encourage people and want them to learn, and am excited when they learn. Probably more then they are. Not old, arms aren't crossed, never mock folks. Definitely love to watch good crashes though.

6) I'm not a real emotional guy. Folks that know me, know that I like to tell people to stop whining when I hear it. I thank people for telling me that in the past. I know that I'm whining here, but I'm not perfect.

7) it's hard to come across as lightly in writing as I really am about this issue. Mostly it's just meant to be mild prodding, but when you put it in writing it's so easy to take the wrong way. So, no worries there, it's not serious to me.

Feel free to talk to me about this in person. I won't hide behind a computer (I'm not accusing anyone else of doing that, so no assumptions please).
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
minstigate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that's where the difference is. I like it when people that know what they're doing get close. It's just cool and thrilling. Hard for me to relate to beginners because I was so young when I learned. Chris Wyman, Bruce, Cor and Pascal getting close to my face was as cool as it could get.

Just a different way of looking at it.

Beginners used to go the Marina. What's wrong with that?
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
minstigate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not sure exactly what you're joking about there, but I'l pretend you're not being completely sarcastic.

I don't think there's much similarity between a falling rock and Bruce jibing close to me. That said, if I'm climbing a mountain and a rock rolls close by me, that's only going to make it more exciting.

My attitude toward risk is why I've been injured so much. Still, I don't wanna live a life without those moments. And I don't wanna take those moments away from anyone else.

But hey, seriously, why don't beginners just go to the marina? It's a much better place to learn, and the hero jibing wouldn't be such a problem.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tetiaroaxx wrote:
And can someone PLEEEZE (anonymously) post what the attraction is to jibing around a waterstarter.

Two quick and one slower solutions to that problem (presuming it's too close) come to mind.
A. Punch the guy out.
B. Drop your mast into him.
C. Videotape it and file a police complaint.

People who think it's cool to endanger strangers must learn there are consequences to their actions, and that it's the jerks, not their targets, who should bear the risk.

\m/
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
spamitt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turkey...you callin my daughter a rotten turkey ...why I otta ###
mik377

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its amazing to see people trying to justify jibing in close proximity to beginners and water starters (and kids). As for superior abilities, if these guys are so good why the need to come into shore to jibe? Don't get it.
For anyone who is downplaying the danger element: Please contact me as I wish to conduct my own experiment and I need a volunteer to stick their arm, head (or appendage of their choice) on top of the water for me so I can surf over it.
Thank you.

P.S. You will need to sign a waiver form so I can videotape it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: