myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Yellow kiter yesterday crashed at Leo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tweeky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gracie wrote:
it's called a trim loop not a chicken loop

5. Unhooked
There's two attachment points where you can hook your leash onto. The first one is located underneath your chicken loop. Hooking in here will not depower your kite, and this is recommended for advanced riders.

Gracie, you demanded I substantiate my previous post about a kiter being caught up in another kiter's lines and killed. I did. By your own yardstick, you need to substantiate your assertion that this type of accident is not possible with todays technology. You won't, because you are just a hack. You're just trolling this forum, and you don't back up anything that you have to say. What is the point? Why do you even bother to waste the time in posting here? I seriously doubt if anyone reading your posts lends any credibility to what you have to say.
Regardless, you asked it of me, now I ask it of you: provide your proof. No? Just like I said before, another little quip remark, not even correct, nothing constructive to add. I'll wager that's all you will do in this forum, that you're incapable of actually backing up your statements or offering anything constructive. Wink
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man oh Man....... will somebody in gracie's corner please throw in the towel, this is a smackdown that can no longer be witnessed. I think Tweeky just put a blind choke hold on Gracie, and he's been put to sleep.
zephr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was at leo again thurs - three kiters riding approx 10 feet from the waters edge . People on shore . . Sweet sod all waves to speak off and def little difference to further down wind . Kite went down amongst the windsurfers .

Common sense in action . Wink
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sailed at C Street on Wednesday and Thursday. Quite few kiters out, and myself and sometimes another windsurfer. Without a doubt the majority of folks are kiting (at least 10-15 to 1 on an average), but things are definitely more spread out. I think that everybody mixes it up pretty sensibly, but I always keep an eye on what's going around me and act proactively.

There was one situation on Wednesday where a windsurfer, Doug (from Ojai), arrived on the scene and went down the beach (by the restroom) and assisted a kiter (who I think foolishly kited too far down the beach and was having a hard time trying to land his kite on the water in the inside) safely land his kite. Really, no danger to surfers or onlookers on the beach, yet the kiter was in tough spot that could have damaged his kite.

Doug's thoughtful focus and interest can be viewed as a commitment to getting along and creating good will. Personally, I steer away from routine help and assistance to help kiters in their normal game, as I really want nothing to do with tangling up into their game. Of course, if real danger was a hand, I would clearly lend assistance where it was realistic and possible. Needless to say, Doug's actions reflected a deeper sense of caring.

The issue and difficulties at Leo are truly aggravated by the fact that it's such an incredibly small and tight venue. To be frank, the negative energy has existed in the surf lineup well before kiting even came on the scene. Not always the case, but often a possible outcome nonetheless. As the wave scene isn't my sole reason to windsurf, most of the time I just let the masses hack it up and avoid the anxiety and attitude. However, that doesn't mean that I won't snag a wave or two if things line up right.

Overall, things would be better at Leo if communication and sharing were exercised in a prudent and thoughtful way between all parties. The territorial and ultra negative stuff doesn't really help, and it actually can come back and haunt things in unexpected and negative ways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: