myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
OLD GEEZERS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wind50

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Let's take the subject seriously. Reply with quote

There are a lot of women participating in windsurfing. At the high-wind sites they range in age from 20's to 50's and even the occasional 60-ish woman. Most are fit and fit women are attractive. Period. Men like to look at attractive women. Especially with their wetsuits off. It's not perverted, it's human nature. People (even men) like to talk to other people involved in their activity. It's social.

Unfortunately, the women over about 35 uniformely (with rare exceptions) come with their boyfriends or husbands. Those of us who in the past have had girlfriends or wives who participated in our favorite sports know how valuable and rewarding it can be to have our SO participate with us.

None of the Internet dating services provide the opportunity to meet windsurfing women. Only windsurfing provides this opportunity. (I've tried it. Do a search on any of the services for "windsurfing". You get zero. Or maybe a 20-something.) So us lonely and currently-single older guys have to check out every opportunity. Speaking strictly for myself, I've never hit on a woman who is obviously younger than my mid-50's self. I do talk to young women but only seriously check out those who are closer to my age.

On other forums I've read letters from young single women bemoaning the lack of suitable single men. Well, all of us single windsurfers feel the same regardless of age. So how about socializing without fretting over whether someone is going to proposition you? You might make a friend, increase your chances for meeting someone appropriate, and improve your social skills in the process.
WMP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a theory here. I think the original poster is not attracted to men.... I think she's attracted to women. I think she's using a name that she's familiar with to lash out at someone she's upset with..... probably someone named "Darcy" who lives in Stevenson so that the real Darcy in Stevenson gets blamed for this "experiment" that Pam has here on the forum.

One way or another.... there's certainly lots of hate and bitterness that dwells in this person.
winfreak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Inspired! Reply with quote

Hey folks,
This has rapidly become legend. I will head for the gorge ASAP to get first hand accounts,etc.. Also, I just want to be part of the legend, too!
I have only sailed at the coast so far this year and it has been awesome.
I look forward to getting wet with my gorge friends , and maybe a good slap!
If you have not figured out who I am yet, I'm the "old geezer" with the 28 year old girlfriend who can't come this trip but who has a certain liking for the girls as well, she wants me to check things out!
winfreak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: False alarm Reply with quote

Well Darcy,
I guess you can breathe easy now. My trip is not going to happen after all, as I'll be duck jibing and jumping galore at Manzanita come Monday and/or Tuesday. Not to mention some fun in the surf as well (OK, I did mention it). A man does have to have his priorities straight.
However, you might want to come on down and check things out!
alkiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Darcy Reply with quote

Darcy,

After seeing your picture I gotta have more cow bell!

From yung and hung in paradise.
alohannie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISOBARS is right. Darcy has traded her name in for a new one.... I believe Darcy is now chixwithtrix....joined 7/26/07 trying to sell the stuff she was trying to sail at the hatch this past week when it was blowing 30! ha ha ha
check out the forum- and look at what she traded for the stuff. it's totally bogus!
alohannie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha ha...she is truely a fake.
Well, Darcy she is NO MORE! Good Riddance!
RIP
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang. Whose chain we gonna jerk now? '-)

\m/
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is mean. And a glimpse into socio-economics. Who can afford to take time off during the week? Who could several years ago? Seems like the number of folk that can take time off at will is shrinking. Which set of age groups suffers most from a lack of time away from the work front the most? Was that the case during the heyday of WS'ing? Of course, there were more young people able to find jobs in the business back in the late 80's and early 90's too.

Overall, though, those choosing to knock off work for whatever reason, to windsurf has diminished. One could blame the age of computers and fat kids playing games. Any number of things. The number of lardass kids I see on the beach, when surf sailing in FL has gone up horrendously.

The spread between haves and have nots is widening in a number of ways. Where do y'all fit in?
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jingebritsen wrote:
This thread is mean. And a glimpse into socio-economics. Who can afford to take time off during the week? Who could several years ago? Seems like the number of folk that can take time off at will is shrinking. Which set of age groups suffers most from a lack of time away from the work front the most? Was that the case during the heyday of WS'ing? Of course, there were more young people able to find jobs in the business back in the late 80's and early 90's too.

Overall, though, those choosing to knock off work for whatever reason, to windsurf has diminished. One could blame the age of computers and fat kids playing games. Any number of things. The number of lardass kids I see on the beach, when surf sailing in FL has gone up horrendously.

The spread between haves and have nots is widening in a number of ways. Where do y'all fit in?

Mean? Or just balanced . . . tit for tat? I'm a geezer by matter of course, Darcy's a troll by choice, we're all having fun at one another's voluntary expense, and iW's PC police are letting us and even chiming in. Win, win, win. Anyone can opt out of the thread any time, and I don't think anyone's taking it seriously.

Time off during the week is called "vacation time" or "annual leave". It's available to everyone, and most people can use it at their discretion. The real problem, it seems to me, is that many people choose not to use their vacation time, according to studies. I never found a job I enjoyed on a continual basis more than windsurfing, so I used my vacation time to the hilt ... 30 days a year my first year, peaking at 38 days one year. You can guess how many times I day-dreamed about my desk while sailing. "I have too much work to do?" BS. The work's always going to be there, 24/7, while our heartbeat and the wind are not. Choices!

Next step towards "Windsday" windsurfing: live and work near wind and water and walk out the office door at quitting time. I've sailed for up to five hours after work many days when I worked full time. In at 6:30, out at 3:00, and hit the water (or the slopes or the desert, depending on the toy and the season. "Sorry, boss; your time just ended. It's my time now."

Next step towards weekdays off: early retirement. For ordinary careers, that means not pissing one's income away on fancy cars and houses and high-cost areas and $5,000 vacations for a day or three of wind if lucky. Example: the money a family of four spends on food at a movie theater over a career, invested in an ordinary index fund, will pay for a custom home on an acre, a fat quiver of windsurfing gear, and a motor home to carry it in. Choices!

The spread between haves and havenots is meaningless at worst, beneficial at best. Bill Gates' incredible wealth not only motivates him to boost the economy of the whole world, he boosts my economy, in many ways. Money in his pocket translates into more money into virtually every pocket on the planet, not even counting his charity contributions. Good CEOs earn their bucks, and I refuse to pay scores of dollars to see a stupid ball game or concert so some jock or crotch-grabber can pocket millions.

\m/
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 10 of 19

Jump to: