myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Need help identifying boards/sails
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coachg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that westwind had a centerboard you might give it a try, but this setup would probably not be very good for learning. There is a guy who poses as a windsurfer on this forum who might buy some of the gear from you. He goes by Cosmicharlie, Broadreach and a few other names. He seems to be interested in old gear. IM him on this forum and he might bite? Laughing

Coachg
vadler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

Would it just be better to keep it and try to windsurf on it? Thanks again[/quote]

No! Unless you have a thing for pain (assuming you're a beginner, and I would guess so since you traded for that equipment). You could spend $500 and get modern equipment that would be far more fun. Sadly this eco-unfriendly stuff is destined for the dump. If this guy is truly your friend, he will give you $50 for taking all that stuff to the dump for him. Then, re-evaluate your friendship with this guy because a good friend wouldn't do this to you.

What did you trade for it?

Best of luck with all of this.
Victor
chixwithtrix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get the stuff I traded a small camera, R/C plane engine, and 3 RC airplane lithium batteries.

I doubt I'll spend any more on windsurfing though if I can rid myself of this stuff. Bad taste for it with this fiasco and I'm much more into kitesurfing. My boyfriend wasn't too into kiteboarding, and I wanted him to try another water sport so I wouldn't have to kite alone. Looks like I'm still SOL. Thanks though
alohannie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is darcystevenson. notice her new name. chick with a trick! Joined, July 26, 2007! ha- Darcy-I don't think so....wasn't it you trying to sail this gear the other day? Isn't this stuff GEEZER GEAR??????
WMP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you do any gardening Darcy? Those booms would make great trellis supports for your beans or peas. And those sails could be made into greenhouse covers for your winter crops. Ahhhh yes... and those boards could make great platforms for your scarecrows.... they'd scare the hell outta any bird-brain.
J.Harper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vadler wrote:
Your friend did not do you a favor. This equipment is worth next to nothing. I couldn't do it, but your best hope is to put it on EBay and see if a sucker will buy it.

This stuff is equivalent to buying a computer from 1993.
Sorry.
Victor

Wow, I can't believe you said that. I have known of exactly one dishonest windsurfer in my 20 year sailing career, but now I've known of two. It is totally not cool to suggest posting on eBay for some sucker to buy and if you sail, you should know this. Bad, bad, bad. Sad
J.Harper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chixwithtrix wrote:
yeah, I know its old stuff. We traded about $500 worth of stuff for it too...so I would at least like to try to get that back out of it. Suits us for not knowing anything I suppose Confused

Any other help would be appreciated

It is wrong to screw someone else just because you didn't research your purchase and made a bad one. Be honest and sell at a fair price and move on.
chixwithtrix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alohannie wrote:
I think this is darcystevenson. notice her new name. chick with a trick! Joined, July 26, 2007! ha- Darcy-I don't think so....wasn't it you trying to sail this gear the other day? Isn't this stuff GEEZER GEAR??????

WMP and alohannie,
What the hell? I don't know what you are talking about, but you are surely mistaken if this isn't a joke. If you'd checked out my posts over on the ikitesurf and kiteforum.com forums, you'd might not have gone through this embarrassment. If you really wanted to be sure check the IP, I live in central Texas. I also use this username on almost every forum I hang out on, and am not "darcystevenson" or whoever you are referring to. If it is a joke then apparently I don't get it...sorry Neutral

J.Harper,
I started this thread asking how much this stuff would be worth if we were to sell it. I said I'd like to get what I put into it, but didn't say I was going to go screw over someone if I couldn't. The reason why I posted in the first place was to see what I should sell it at.
Jeeze, my first thread on this forum and I'm already being attacked for something I have not even done. I try to talk to people on forums as if I would in person; just becasue I'm not right in front of you doesn't mean you have to go lecturing me that I am a horrible person when you don't even know me and I havn't done anything bad. I normally am polite, but this kind of attitude is what really pisses me off.

To those of you who have helped me out, I appreciate you taking the time to fill me in on what I was missing. And I apologise for having to take the thread so far off track.
vadler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chix,

To see what's up with the darcystevenson crap, go to the Northwest sailing forum and read the thread about Geezers.

Anyway, here is someone looking for an antique:
http://groups.google.es/group/rec.windsurfing/browse_thread/thread/896a942908d7b5ee/a948d2a1ee54e292?hl=en#a948d2a1ee54e292
She would be able to give one of your boards a good resting place.

Vic
chixwithtrix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, I'll check that out. Thanks for the link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: