myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
lake isabella santa anas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolmtnbiker048

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: lake isabella santa anas Reply with quote

i sailed last year up there in santa anas, need to know if it is worth bringing equipment this weekend? Forecast calls for NE winds 15-20 in SoCal, is it gonna be the same up there???
WindSapien

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Lake Isabella Santa Anas Reply with quote

The wind did howl at times this past weekend but from 0-60. The wind doesn't make it around the bend to the Ghetto and the whole area south towards the auxillary dam is in a wind shadow. The only sailing would be from the extreme north end of the Ghetto, north into the main lake area. That sounds good except that there are tree stumps emerging out of the water which become very hard to see in the chop. Santa Anas would be sailable at Izzy if the water level was higher. I just spent two weeks up there working on my house and not one sailable day . Bummer.........WS
coolmtnbiker048

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i windsurfed at around 1:00 maybe 2:00 on Saturday from near boulder gulch. winds got lighter and lighter. i couldn't tell how hard it was blowing. I used my "new" RRD with my "custom" fin (chopped off slalom fin) and had a hard time getting on a plane. i might invest in a real fin Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: