myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Maui Windsurfing Tow-In
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madspaniard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:

He and his hui are the future, my brother. Naish and the rest of us are soon only of historical interest

How true. The kids Kay Lenny and Bernt Roediger (10 yo) put on a show last year at the Gorge Freestyle Frenzy with forwards and a good bunch of f-style tricks

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MMGlh3yBF1c
nealpar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madspaniard wrote:
"some people weren't liking it..."

http://www.star-board.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3628&page=9

Must be the lawyer in me to read the ENTIRE MATERIAL when it's referenced in support of a position or argument. Ooops. Next time, I'll try to be more superficial and negligent. My bad.

My comment had nothing to do with the kid. All the power to him. My comment had to do with the comments on that forum. (see above)

PS: ROBBIE NAISH is a living legend and will be a tough act to follow, as it's not just about throwing sick tricks....it's about brains and integrity too!!!
tsokat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of that negative stuff on that Maui forum linked to above was kind of disturbing, but I have fortunately never personally experienced any anti-aloha from Maui locals during any of the 20 years that I have vacationed there. Maui, especially now, is not one of those places that I would want to go to as a traveler on-the-cheap like you can still do with style in Latin America and even parts of the US mainland. If I were travel budget challenged or bothered by being somewhat buffered during some of the time spent at this one place where I visit, I would probably consider other places-but that is just me. For now though, I am looking forward to the next Maui visit in June and spending lots of time in, on and under the water and seeing some of the local kids rip it up.
pravda

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get used to localism, it's only going to get worse as populations around the world grow. Friction between the haves (anyone with the ability to travel) and the have nots (poor marginalized "locals") will naturally increase.
scorpionfish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting read on this forum pertaining to a post about a talented kid having fun in a 'don't see this every day' situation. Everyone's opinion is valid. But can't we just watch it & not rant off in various directions? I enjoyed it. I like that kind of stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: