myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Leo sensor jacked up again!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dudco

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Leo sensor jacked up again! Reply with quote

The sensor at Leo Carrillo is reading high. For a while I was not sure, but today I am positive. It was reading 22mph, reality it was about 15mph. anybody else noticing this? On a positive note, the waves today were world class!!!
nealpar

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT HAPPENS AT LEO, STAYS AT LEO!!! Wink
allen

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leo's a typical guy, he thinks 15 is 22............
jp5

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nealpar wrote:
WHAT HAPPENS AT LEO, STAYS AT LEO!!! Wink

Not if you post it here.
FredBGG

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sensor at Leo is high off the water and you are always going to get some differences. You're going to feel the difference more windsurfing than kitesurfing. Also the water is warming up and this can lift the wind off the water too.

In the cove it can be frustrating as the wind on the beach is so different from what its out there and you kind of ned to rely on the sensor a bit more.... even worse for kiters launching way down the beach.
dabull1

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Amen!!! Reply with quote

JP's right!! Sunday I got suckered down to Leo by that oh so sexy voice on the Wendy phone system cooing in my ear average 17 mph at 3:30. As I rounded the "Turn of Truth"[AKA where you can first see whitecaps] on the Secret Road to Leo, I was horrified to see that my phonicular sweetheart had lied to me once again... smooth as glass!!! To confim the deception, I stood on the beach, gazing out upon calm waters and called again just to hear my lover tell me a real whaletail... 16 WSW with not a cap in sight!!! C'mon IW/S, time for a little calibration on the ol' Leo sensor! It now costs about $15.00 a run in the Deerhunter to Leo, and that's an expensive trip to stand on the stairs with other P/O'd sailors searching the horizon for the imaginary "16 WSW."Bull
nealpar

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLukey wind. Unreliable sensor. Giant sharp rocks at the launch. Seaweed everywhere. Weekend parking problems. Surfers and kiters everywhere. Who'd wanna sail here?

I heard Lake Isabella, Cabrillo and Seal Beach don't have such problems.
broskis1

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got suckered out there on Sunday too. Left the Palisades at 2 went to Leo, County line and Nichols. The whole time getting +15 mph alerts on my blackbery. Left nichols at 5 and got stuck in a nasty Traffic jam at Zuma. Made it home by 6:30. 4 1/2 hours of Sunday wasted because of a bad sensor! Evil or Very Mad
jp5

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on the sunday sucker punch. Got to the turn of truth and had to park in disbelief. After 10 minutes of staring at a relatively calm ocean I turned around and went home. This was at about 4:30.
jbranch

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's bombard IWS with complaints. With all the problems we had last summer with a non-existent sensor the least they could do is calibrate the sensor while it is still working. Either that or start giving us re-bates on our fuel costs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: