myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
RAY(HOwCAnI KNOwTHeWINdPROBABEl FORECAStFOR 1 0R 2 DAYsEGEAD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: RAY(HOwCAnI KNOwTHeWINdPROBABEl FORECAStFOR 1 0R 2 DAYsEGEAD Reply with quote

Any idea?...
force5

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on the subway?

Good for you! Go get 'em.
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: RAY(HOwCAnI KNOwTHeWINdPROBABEl FORECAStFOR 1 0R 2 DAYsEGEAD Reply with quote

Hahahaha... well... this Coming Sunday a fotographer is coming from windsurfing magazine to take some pics about the subway issue.And that make feel like Im going again.And I am askin how to know the wind condition for Monday cuz depending if my girlfriend want to help me, I will back to the subway!!... thats the problem...,I always going to need somebody else to caring the stuf on the subway.
geohaye

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray,
Go to the main Wind & Forecasts tab page:
http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws

You'll see all the meteorologist text forecasts listed there. Click the one that says "NY Southeast" for Today's Forecast (hang in there, we are almost done):
http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=105&Isection=Wind+Forecast

(Looking good 17-20 for Croton and other Hudson sites today.)

On this page you will see the words "Extended Discussion" in the upper-left corner of the page, and also near the top of the page just above the forecast. Click one of those links and you get the Extended Forecast:
http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=105&Isection=Wind+Forecast&display=extended&summary=true

Looking at the forecast for Sunday and Monday, the rule is watch the sensors! Things can and will change at least a little bit, but the forecaster says right now that the wind will probably be good on Monday! Sunday might be a good get-ready day:

"Sunday:
Light winds everywhere. Turning S in the afternoon, but not building much.

Monday:
S/SW winds becoming moderately strong and gusty. Winds reaching the mid to possibly upper teens with higher gusts along the NJ coast and reaching the upper teens to mid 20's across Long Island. Strongest across the Twin Forks."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: