myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
GIVE ME YOUR OPPINION ABOUT THIS (RAY)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: GIVE ME YOUR OPPINION ABOUT THIS (RAY) Reply with quote

ABOUT DONATIONS TO CUBA!!!!!! THIS WAS SOMEBODY ELSE A REPLAY MINE...

"Thats really nice of you... And yes,.. there still are all my friends... and they will really thank any help, and it haven't to be nothing new... remember..."some people "garbage" is some people treasure" ...

Let me give you some more explanation... back in cuba, there is a almost 100% tourist town named "Varadero" (is exactly or better than Cancun for Mexico) and this town is part of my province "Matanzas" but matanzas city don't have almost tourists, SO... there are some windsurfers in Varadero... that make me feel ashame of say they are windsurfers... this guys almost each one of they work in hotels,in nautical points and bla bla bla... anyway.. they work in the tourist industry (but for cubans is almost imposible even TALK with tourist,... you could end in a police station-just for talking- ...and this guys work there cuz they where previously approved by the "MINISTERIO DEL INTERIOR" is like a cuban's KGB ) so... thats the first reazo why i don't like those assholes... and the other reazon is cuz they are the only one with permition to talk and spend some time or weeks with tourists.. some of those could be a windsurfer back in his country and live this assholes some or all his gears... ANDDDDDDDDDDD... the only source that we (the Matanzas or the rest of the island guys) to buy some kind of good conditions gears... are this ASSHOLES.. that have kind of monopoly on all this issue, and because they know that... they set prices that are close to the heaven... and there is no more option that buy something from they.... but is so spensive.. that what my friends and I use to do was saving as much as we could.. and between 3 or more of us.. buy a sail or a board... and during a day session we share the same gears... 1 sailing... 3 on the sand waiting...

I was talking with Joshua (from windsurfing magazine) about the idea of promote some kind of system or club or association or I don't know... some organized,... to make people like you that voluntarily want to donate WHAT EVER... about windsurf gears (even those son simple bronze or steel bolts than goes down the mast base that attach the board to the sail ) some time we was unable to sail in weeks just because of that...

But I have to search about wish will be the best way to send the stuff there... and guaranty those things get delivery by free and direct to dose that are going to use it... Hopefully Cuban's authoritys don't mess with what ever is send, cuz there are just sports stuff... but for sure I know something... it most be DHL.. is the only company that we have here in USA.. and also there in Cuba... It may be spencive but that will be the only option...

But this is an idea that Joshua and I have to cook more first before star even making donation's collects... I don't know if the windsurfing club that I create in Cuba a wile before I escape still exist (I guess still is there) the club name is "ROAD RUNNERS" and that was the nick name of all of us that sail in short boards by the guys from the nautical sports institute, cuz they only sail MISTRAL ONE DESING ... and we was like the road runner from the cartoons (like crazy from one place to the other like rockets ) and we use to share the same waters... I will add some pics... I am going to make of this a new post.... and share this idea with all the community.... and see they opinions...

Let see what happen... I will let you know... and again... thank you for your kindness.... we will figure out something. "

PS: there is a video mine call "IMPOSSIBLE MISSION" HERE IN IWINDSURF... sheck that and see our misery gears... the video is from 2006.. even when looking ours gears looks like the early 90's

DSC00001.JPG
 Description:
nautical base (matanzas harbor)
 Filesize:  138.95 KB
 Viewed:  3719 Time(s)

DSC00001.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: