myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gear rental - Mission Bay?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJTesmer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Gear rental - Mission Bay? Reply with quote

Can anyone help a guy who's frustrated trying to find a good place to rent gear on Mission Bay, San Diego? [/b] I'm clearly using poor search techniques. Thanks, CT
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a boat rental shop that also rents w/s gear. It is near the end of Mission Blvd.

http://www.missionbayaquaticcenter.com/
peter

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CT

I own the last remaining windsurf shop in San Diego. Your search engine is fine. The reality is there is no place to rent windsurf gear in San Diego. The sport has become a very small sport in San Diego because of lack of wind. It just isn't possible to make a profit renting windsurf gear in San Diego. The Hilton hotel on mission bay had a few boards at there aquatic center but I think they discontinued the program. The Catamaran Hotel has some start boards to rent but I believe they're about to or already have discontinued renting. The MBAC is an excellent program but is more of a school than a rental shop. If your local and really want to learn to windsurf join the SDWA they have a couple of beginner boards to rent for a nominal fee.

Peter Jones
CJTesmer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: SD windsurfing - NUTS Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Peter, Steven. I'm just visiting my brother, (runs BASIC Pizza, downtown) for a few days. Thought I could get a day of sailing in but I best change my thinking.

Peter, where's your shop? Oh, BTW, if you want to talk "no wind" try living in Denver. Not exactly predictable here.
peter

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CT

My shop is on Morena Blvd. Just east of the I-5 across from Mission Bay. I only open by appointment in the afternoon and seldom on Weekends (I'm always out of town on weekends sailing some place with wind).

Ps I did try Cherry Creek Resevoir in Denver onetime.

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: