myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
lost board east of Celilo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Lost and Found
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennis1916

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: lost board east of Celilo Reply with quote

Saw three guys picking up gear east of Celilo in the gorge on Saturday. This corner is known for big gusts and they were looking off into the water of the Columbia. In their hands were a couple of masts and what caught my eye about 100 feet off land a board in a board bag floating board side up.

Did you guys recover the board? I wish my camera was ready because it was a great moment in gorge driving history (even beats the semi-truck tipped over from wind coming back from Arlington). Windsurfing mag should run a story on that one. We lost skis near Maryhill coming back from Anthony lakes a few years back due to rack failure driving into a 40 mph wind. It was blowing 30 yesterday and boards have a larger surface area making it an easier target for launches.

Hope you got the board back...
kentmon2002

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The board has 8 lives left, there wasn't even a scratch on it. When it flew off of the car it went straight into the river without touching ground. I ended up having to borrow my buddy's board and sailed to the other side of the river and dragged the board back.

I sailed the board the next day at the hatch.

Never trust your buddy when he says that his bungy cords work fine and he uses them all of the time.

Too bad there weren't pictures to prove it.
aspenkula

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Sell Nike,Jordan,Air force 1 sneaker Reply with quote

Nike air force 1 ones, Air Jordan shoes, Nike dunks, Air Max Shox, Bape Hoodies - We supply brand shoes (air max, jordan,nike shox,adidas, af1, bape, dunk, gucci, prada, puma, timberland, etc), bags, jeans, hoodies, shirts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Lost and Found All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: