myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Boom left behind at Northwave's launch site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
northwave

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Boom left behind at Northwave's launch site Reply with quote

Boom left behind at Northwave's launch site

A Fiberspar boom was left at our loft's front door last weekend.
If you know of someone who may be looking for theirs and may have sailed from here last weekend, have them come by and identify it.

Thanks,
Northwave Custom Sails
northwavesails.com
cucuface22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know that you found a boom at your loft, but on a side note is it really your launch site too? Didn't CGWA create and maintain that launch and parking lot all of last season?

Thanks
River-Lizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cucuface22 wrote:
Thanks for letting us know that you found a boom at your loft, but on a side note is it really your launch site too? Didn't CGWA create and maintain that launch and parking lot all of last season?

I've got to admit that I thought the very same thing just seeing the title of the thread... Its my understanding that Bruce Peterson and the CGWA put the work in creating that launch site.
STAUDA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never actually sailed from there but would stop by to take a look at the water. The new no trespassing..private property signs littering the area sure make their point. I assumed the Port was responsible?! What's the deal. Seems like an opportunity to engage the sailing community that is being wasted by Northwave?
sailworksman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Port of Hood River and Luhr-Jensen have again granted public access to the launch ramp at Luhr-Jensen with the caveats this year that you must park and rig on the gravel strip to the west of the paved parking area. There is no parking permitted for windsurfing use in the paved parking lot. The signs will be changed this week to reflect this. Please also pack out your trash.

This is the CGWA at work here, so if you are not a member, and launch from this site (or any other Gorge site) please consider a $25 membership to help the CGWA keep our river access points open.

Bruce Peterson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: