myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racing in the North East?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seedysailor wrote:
Don't ask me to drive from Wakefield to the Cape in order to make a Saturday race in 1.5 hours during the summer.

Give it a try, Brucie. Maybe somebody will rear-end your Toyota coming up 495 and knock out all the Bondo.

Please post pictures.
ScuzzyBreeze

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehh Hemm.. (clearing my throat)

Back in my day, people used to travel to events for hours on end and then hours back home, in the rain, uphill both ways!!

But really, I do hear lots of complaints about the average age of windsurfers (at least on the east coast) being over 50 yrs. Pretty soon we're going to be talking about the good old days when you could buy a windsurfing rig for less than $20,000.00. It's the volume that large fleet competition can generate that will keep this sport mildly affordable (or in my opinion make it that way again).

Bummer
speedysailor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scuzzy, windsurfing is too much work for the average American. It takes years of dedication to master as well. Kiting is easier and more glamourous so you just won't see growth in the racing scene. Whomever is complaining about the average age of WSers should be ignored. The big advantage to the sport is that you don't need anyone else to do it.
ScuzzyBreeze

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedysailor wrote:
Scuzzy, windsurfing is too much work for the average American. It takes years of dedication to master as well. Kiting is easier and more glamourous so you just won't see growth in the racing scene. Whomever is complaining about the average age of WSers should be ignored. The big advantage to the sport is that you don't need anyone else to do it.

What about targets?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: