myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hamilton Harbour?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gerb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Hamilton Harbour? Reply with quote

Hello all,
Was wondering what wind directions and launches are good at Hamilton Harbour Ontario?
boden

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gerb,

I often sail HH from pier 4 on the west end of the harbor. From downtown Hamilton, follow Bay St. to the end, turn left and then right into the Leander boat club parking lot. You can rig on the lawn and launch from the beach. This spot is good in a W, SW, NW (flat water) and great in an E.

Another option is the east end of the harbor, where more advanced sailors typically go as it has more chop for B&J. The launch is under the skyway bridge at the Environment Canada Facilities. To get there, take the North shore exit off the QEW and follow Eastport Drive Directions until you reach the Environment Canada Facilities.

Hans
gerb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips Boden. Much appreciated!
I live in London and usually sail Rondeau, but the weeds tend to become a pain by this time in the season. Hamilton is only an hour away and I have always wondered when I see windsurfers from the bridge, where they launched from?
boden

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad about the weeds, but you guys on Rondeau have had the best winds in Ontario all summer. Two other locations on Erie that I like to sail and that are within an hour from London are Turkey Point (generally flatter water) and Long Point (good waves but lots of kitesurfers). Another good spot that is perhaps 2 hours from you is Kettle Point, on Lake Huron. I've heard great things about it but never been.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: