myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
iphone and iwindsurf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gorgekite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: iphone and iwindsurf Reply with quote

does anyone know if I still need the wireless iwindsurf plan with a iphone or will just the fx plan work
TomasBE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: iPhone and iWindsurf Reply with quote

I often check just the iWindsurf website on iPhone, via safari. It works great, different maps show well, and even the radar images show fine.
But must admit I ve never used the wireless iWindsurf before, so I can not compare.
Cheers, Tom
alphalao

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: iPhone and iwindsurf Reply with quote

No, works like if you were using a laptop or desktop. In fact, this reply is done on my iPhone.
jse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I want to know is how easy is it to check the wind when you're driving? On my Blackberry, I hit the Convenience button on the left which loads the browser, then hit either 'H' for home or 'R' for refresh, depending if I'm on the wind page. That's two clicks, only one of which I need to glance at the phone to do. (R and H are easy to find if you remember where they are). Of course that's for the WAP version, not the full-blown web page.

I looked at one of the Iphone knockoffs and quickly ruled it out because I couldn't operate it while driving.

Steve
mogunn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I'd spend a lot of time browsing while driving, but once you've set up the appropriate bookmarklet for your favorite spot your map or graph is one click from the home screen (springboard).

Springboard screenshot:

Destination page:

HTH

windfind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: iphone while driving: my impressions Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

I borrowed a friends iphone briefly to test iwindsurf.com. There are several huge advantages using iwindsurf.com over other phones.

1. You do NOT have to configure it at all for sites or regions etc. on your computer. You use the iphone to access iwindsurf.com pages EXACTLY like you would on a computer.

2. With just one click you can have the Bay Area wind map or any page.

3. The wind map and the entire page is the same scale as on your computer at home plus you can zoom in on an area or move around the region with your finger.

4. You can just leave the map on the screen while you are driving and get updates at a glance.

5. You can do the same for satellite images, radar etc.

6. iwindsurf.com is working on a iphone tool to make it even more useful.

But you pay a bit for all of this. And be careful doing all of this in Bay Area traffic. But is sure is a lot easier and safer than my current phone.

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: