myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
T-Mobile BlackBerry Gorge Coverage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: T-Mobile BlackBerry Gorge Coverage Reply with quote

Hi all,

Anyone out there using a T-Mobile BlackBerry to get iWindsurf via the Internet browser? How's the coverage (especially at the Hatchery and Dougs)?

- T
seattle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started using a T Mobile Blackberry at the gorge this year. It worked fine at Doug's, Rowena, the Hatch, Event Site...No problems that I can recall (it seems easier to use with the "wap" iwindsurf site than the regular internet, but either works). Hope this helps.
cannon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I've been using t-mobile for the last 10 years on various phones and have had good coverage in the gorge. Maryhill has gotten better too, as it was shakey in the past. I'm using the Blackberry now and no issues. If you head into the hills you might start having problems.
H2OJoe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have excellent service at any of the Gorge sailing spots but do not have any service north of the Thriftway grocery store in White Salmon (where I live).
surh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, I appreciate all the answers. Looks like T-Mobile's got the edge on Verizon in the Gorge-at least for the BlackBerry.
EddyBreffitt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Oregon coast vis-a-vis T Mobile Blackberry Reply with quote

The T Mobile Blackberry system also works very well on the Oregon coast, with the exception of Pistol River...Gold Beach though gets the data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: