myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Please return my Zeta 4.7 (Sherman Island)...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fearlu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Please return my Zeta 4.7 (Sherman Island)... Reply with quote

Okay, I know this rig is "vintage" but it was not to be thrown away nor poached for someone else's quiver. I had a North Zeta 4.7 (blue, pink, yellow), an Xcellerator carbon mast (North), a set of North booms, and a special mast-foot set-up to fit an old Bic Wing (post-type with a 3-1 downhaul hook). All were in a North Infinity sail bag (except the booms) and all were labeled with a sharpie with my name and phone number on them. There should be little doubt who owned the rig...

If you have any idea what happened to my light-wind long-board kit, kindly contact me. No questions asked, just want my stuff back. It was piled to the left of the white rig tents, between the kite and WS launches at Sherman Island all summer, but has now walked away.

I've already told Indian Bob and other WS regulars to keep an eye out and would certainly be stoked to keep this kit for special low-wind days there. Thanks for reading! Karma is a powerful force so...

I can't believe that after 25 years of riding there we now have a problem with stolen gear. I got off easy compared to the list of stuff that's gone missing this summer. Now someone has jacked Larry's Saab and gear from Crissy? Bad on them! 8>(
charlie12

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave
i have stuff i can gift you
but no booms
4.2 north orbit
5.2 nash power wave
2 sets of 2 pc mast north carbon..

you know how 2 ping me.
fearlu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a generous man indeed!
tsokat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bic Wing mast foot might be the toughest part of the kit to replace. Maybe someone on this forum has an old one laying around?
waterstart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Bic Wing mast foot the one that has two pins on each side of the universal? I can't remember the Bic Wing mast foot arrangement, but if it is the double pin set up I have the parts and the pulley cup to make one. I just have to find the Lock-Tight bottle. Just let me know and I can send it to you.
waterstart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Bic Wing mast foot the one that has two pins on each side of the universal? I can't remember the Bic Wing mast foot arrangement, but if it is the double pin set up I have the parts and the pulley cup to make one. I just have to find the Lock-Tight bottle. Just let me know and I can send it to you.
fearlu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the one! The foot is a post that fits into a void in the hull and then it clips in with two rotating L-shaped plastic clips that keep it from pulling out of the hull. Is that the one you have? Tom was right when he said that's the hard part to replace!

BTW, thanks to you guys for getting this model-T back on the road! I know it may seem odd, but I love riding that thing when it's light out there.

Most appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: