myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Forecast Conspiracy Uncloaked!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squirleyd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Forecast Conspiracy Uncloaked! Reply with quote

Now I know why the SF Bay forecasts have been even a little more iffy than the wind this last week or two...

A-ha!

"10:45 AM: Bluff report: Hatchery/Swell - by Mike Godsey: The sensor is reading 17 but on the water it is a bit over 20 knots with large white caps from about 100 feet from shore all the way to Oregon. There are a few bands of very light wind inbound to the west. But there are solid white caps at Viento. On the bluff the winds are from 10 to 15 knots. It would probably be a good idea to wait a hour or two before making the drive to the Hatch or Swell. (Since I need another 30 minutes to crank out the Bay Area forecast.) "

Not only are they using the power of the data shellfishly for their own gain, they are advertently misleading us to take prime parking spaces away!!!

They are probably posting the blog from phones while driving to the launch and last weeks forecasts seemed a little too "Cut and Paste-y", no?

"Sherman likely to see weak gains, with possible higher teens..." ad infinitum. My a$$!

Rankled at the less than optimistic F/C discussion sham, and determined to prove iW wrong (that and needing any excuse to bail from the desk), I drove a couple hours to Powerlines on Tuesday afternoon. 4:30-7:30. SOLO (Until Tim showed, nice to meet ya). Avg.26mph, 4.7m, ebb.

How dare you, shame!!!

And today says the same thing with avg at 20...hmmm...need another excuse...

SqD
P.S. If Godsey doesn't have his own dedicated space at Hatchery by now, it's a travesty. Smile thanks iW.

rio.090908.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  117.44 KB
 Viewed:  4082 Time(s)

rio.090908.jpg

D-wo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"shellfishly" that's funny. I think you've cracked the oyster here. Perhaps IW doesn't have enough clams to get Mike Godsey a parking spot.

P.S. If you had the place to yourself why are you complaining.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: