myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I am looking for the best cheapest drysuit I can get?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoveSplittingLanes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently bought my first ever drysuit (an O'Neill, baggy style) from SailWord. ~$400 was the damage but was assured it would last quite some time before having to change the seals... Kokatat was on my list but feeling and trying the O'Neill made me take the plunge then... Besides, O'Neill has been proven to make Awesome wetsuits and also solid wakeboard oriented dry suits... I think the low $400 is really the entry price on drysuits... unless you find a used one (ebay is a good place).
glewis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sail in Boston all winter and wear a 6/5/4 Xcel surfsuit, 7MM Xcel boots and 2mm Glacier Dry Gloves. Suit runs about $400, boots $60 and gloves $35. All worth every penny.This set up keeps me toasty for 2 hour+ sessions down to combined air water temp totals of the upper 60's. You can layer up an extra 1mm shirt underneath if really cold. When the combined air / water temp gets much above 110 the suit is too hot and you feel like you are cooking your insides so it is really built for the cold.

Good luck and maybe I'll see you on the water this winter.
fathomfathom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sports-bikes-Ocean-Rodeo-Pyro-Drysuit-Used-Like-NEW-Dry-Suit-Kiteboarding-W0QQAdIdZ49145143

Lots of sailor/kiters around here (Ontario) wear this one, including me. I wear a steamer underneath when it's icy (been in 32C water and/or snow with it before). Toasty warm and no problem other than the hands.

I almost passed out a few years back because of a leak in a cheap suit, so yeah, your life depends on it if you go out in cold water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: