myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
About this past weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.c

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: About this past weekend Reply with quote

I ckecked out Scopper's web site. It looks like you had better wind than the outer Cape.

I went for it, in CC Bay, at almost low tide - Got skunked, but it overall, a good learning experience. A local kiter and I made the trip out to the end of the flats (more than a 1/4 mile) using my little trailer. It worked great! Next Time I'll bring 2 sails with an extra mast, 'cause it's too far to walk back and make a change.

Saturday, flat calm but a big day at Nauset. After wasting half the afternoon and energy, a friend and I met Jeff aka "OUTCAST" in the public beach parking lot. I took my turn and pulled the trigger alot for only 3 fantastic rides from outside right to shore. Although the overall wave count was low for the second inning, I give it a B+ for the day.

Hey Jeff, did you see those guys skim boarding into the shore break with the bungie cord? I think it was attached to anchor that the reset each time. 3 guys to pull it back - 1 guy to go.

Anyway, kinda like a Friday night due to Veteran's Day.

RC

progress%20pictures%20for%20we%2008_11_14%20002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  195.32 KB
 Viewed:  11402 Time(s)

progress%20pictures%20for%20we%2008_11_14%20002.jpg

scooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet trailor. I've made the long carry at Chapin during low tide. A trailor like that would make it easy.
kajTEK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great trialor idea!

what was that yous saying about skim boaring w a bungie cord .. was the anchor in the water or on the beach? how did it work?
ron.c

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Vets Day -

Spent half the day raking leaves.

I didn't see the skim boarders close up but I'm qute sure it was a regular anchor. 1 Guy would go in just past the shore break and set it, then 3 would pull back on the bungie. I saw a couple of rides that looked pretty good, but generally it seemed that the bungie lost its pull right at the break.

One thing about CC Bay at low tide - not only is the walk forever, but you'll also have to cross more and more water between the bars. My little trailer would float at knee deep fully loaded. Another thing, using an old boom for the "arm" is almost perfect. I left the extension inside to help prevent crushing when I cranked down on the hose clamps. 6 hose clamps and 4 fender washers where the only things bought. The front board was drilled with a hole saw to permit air and hold mast sections. The front board was connect with left over HD tie wraps instead of nuts and bolts (lighter and more corrosion resistant. The wheels got a good hose down after the swim. I figure this will cure about a handful of days in the year when the tide is not cooperating.

RC
outcast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I did see those guys....Ubber-skimboarders, but I didn't want to stay on the beach and watch them, just headed into the fog. I think you are right about the set-up, but I didn't see them make it work well.

Ron, I had sent you a pm...you are on video from that day:

http://www.new.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=34358368445

Love the boom handle on the trailer....hook it to a bike and your summer
parking issues are OVER.
last nite was BEAUTIFUL, and just the most fun MICRO-WAVES ever!
I think i got microshacked.....minishacked or nanoshacked it was weird!Shocked

http://www.new.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=34659973445

But hey...this is supposed to be about windsurfing.....
ron.c

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for adding the videos!.

I'm glad we ended up at the public baach, the conditions were much better than the mile up north.

That lady has got some style. Her second ride when she had her foot off the front was slick. I can't tell from the shot but the big guy with the pony tail is John, or big John when standing next to me. We've a had a couple goods days out there, just the 2 of us last fall.

I'll have to pass along the video to my friend Mike. He may already know about it as he's hooked in to the web. His web site morebeach.com has an easy link to the Coast Guard live camera.

Windsurf or surf who cares its all good stuff.

Thanks again, RC
ron.c

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the in box - no message - We'll meet up again out there.

RC
kajTEK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool to see yall having fun!
lady was getting some sweet rides.. esp for the smaller surf but looked like tons ofun!
cant wait for the waves to get here..(maybe this weekend.. n maybe some wind on it to go windsurfin em too!)
outcast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lady is a young lady....Miranda K.
She rips, and just won the womens Surf Challenge.

We are blessed with alot of wahines who grace the line-up on cape
Way too much rubber for my taste, but a few carve big circles around
bouys like me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: