myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hood River to Meadows bus?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srich

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Hood River to Meadows bus? Reply with quote

Anyone know if there is transportation (and times if there is) from Hood River to Mt Hood Meadows. Went to their web site and all they talk about is Portland to Meadows. We have an exchange student from Germany living with us, she has a season pass and is all ready to go. She is setting up rides with friends. I suggested the bus, but can't find any info. Our family doesn't downhill ski. A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
pacspeed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It leaves from Tum-a-Lum at O-dark-thirty. It's actually for employees only, but the driver never checks anybody. Otherwise, it's pretty easy to hitch a ride from the parking lot across the street from China Gorge.

Make sure she can tell the difference between yuppies going skiing and some methhead redneck who wants to take her to his singlewide.
srich

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pacspeed, I finally was able to get a meadows employee on the phone. She said the busses are for employees only and the drivers have been instructed to check ID's. With her strong accent and lack of knowledge about what is going on I don't feel right telling her to snag a ride on the bus. We will focus on friends. I feel bad she missed a day on the Mt today because all seats were taken with everyone we know who was going up.

She too is frustrated, No public tranportation from Hood River to the mountain is a bit weird when I see busses with "Mt Hood Measows" on the side on a daily basis. The Park and Ride is a good idea. I would just have to hang out with her until the ride is lined up.

She is set up for Monday with friends, I was just a dumbass asssuming those buses were for everyone.
Temira

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Meadows Bus Reply with quote

If you are interesting in a Meadows bus (or not), please take the two question survey linked below. I'm collecting information that I will present to them in the hope of convincing them to run a shuttle. Thanks!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=4KR2xo9h7HgludHt06qnvA_3d_3d

Temira
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: