myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Come Sail the Neuse River, NC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindsurferWil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Come Sail the Neuse River, NC Reply with quote

There is Great Sailing on the Neuse River on North Carolinas Inner banks. I've lived here for about 4 years now and quite often I sail in decent size swells in 5.0-6.3 conditions. There are nice launches for all wind directions between Oriental (the yacht sailing capital of NC) Arapahoe and Cherry Point. There is also easy access to wave sailing on nearby Shackelford Banks and Atlantic Beach and Pamlico Sound. I'm inviting all windsurfers interested in exploring and sailing this great area to contact me.

Will
(252)571 0421 Very Happy
Wind-NC.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who haven't met Will before:

Will is a great windsurfer who's been all over the freaking world, so if he says it's fun to windsurf at the Neuse River, I'd believe him...
WindsurferWil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Neuse River Sailing Reply with quote

Hey Andy,

Come on over, I'll give you the Grand Tour. Bring you gear, your girl and even the dog. We'll have a blast !

Will
SeaDawg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wil,

I did a Memorial Weekend in Oriental about 3yrs ago. The wind wasn't up but me and the family had a great time in Oriental. I think we managed to past each other on the hwy. i plan on coming back one day soon. Perhaps Memorial Weekend this year.

We usually do spring break on the OBX, more rental options and have been going there for almost 20yrs.

Still Oriental is a cool town!!!!

SD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: