myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Crissy roaring away Reply with quote

More Crissy on Fri but not so ideal. Almost no wind well past Anita and then it roars. But absolutely great swell at the North tower, some of the biggest I have seen, half mast, rolling and not braking, just close to the harbor. It make for some incredibly fun jibes. But I am way oversized, with the 5.0, and I get tired very quick and retreat. Should have rigged 4.3 ... maybe I do need a 4.5 or 4.7 ... A LOT of people out, and many more regular Kiters than last June.
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Berkeley Sat....
Got there around 3, very light S wind, only crawling around, so we took our time rigging our biggest sails.
Hit the water around 4:15 or so, 7.4 and Magic118. Perfect, wind comes up to around 11-16 mph, just zooming around for almost 45 minutes, and then it comes up. Like UP. Maybe 24 mph in the gusts, but S winds, you stay in the gusts near the docks. After maybe 10 minutes, or 8 runs, it mellows out a bit for wound up 7.4 sailing, then comes up and goes down just to mess with the sailors in the water. By 5:30, it mellowed down to the 11-16, when most got tired of getting hammered and went in.
It was reading around 12-30 in San Pablo Bay since the morning. Anyone sail in Hercules? There's a park on Railroad Ave. right at the water's edge, you walk across the railroad tracks to a beach, maybe 150 feet from the road.
cachaocachao

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: HUGE circle Reply with quote

5-7pm, caps everywhere in the Circle. OPed 4.4 for us
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: More Crissy Sep 4 Reply with quote

I think I forgot I light I am (155) and a season of mostly slalom has conditioned me to rig "big". Get to Crissy at 3pm with usual September conditions: light inside and white caps out. I look longingly at my 5.0 but ... hey, I have been overpowered for 4 session straight ... so out comes the 4.3 and ... I have a great time: I am a small guy I do not need a "big" sail!!!!

Wind is up, as much as last Wed, but with a hole in the middle. Still having a great time especially passing an under powered kite on hydrofoil Very Happy

VERY choppy. Thanks to some high traffic I run into some of the worst in a while. It is like going to the gym and doing the stair-master ...
SPQR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen any reporting from Windward 1 for a while, wondering what's up? Plus as someone who has seen him often while surfing in Santa Cruz I haven't seen him out there either. Hope he's okay.
bert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Sunday Reply with quote

Usually sail Coyote on the weekends probably more for the memories, familiar faces, the park ambiance and people activity, but quite honestly the sailing quality (especially this season) often sucks. It was 6.0 on the inside and 4.7 out towards the channel with fluky, shifty wind for the first mile or so. The west wind made for chop that was tough on old joints. I went 5.9/90L which worked okay on the inside, but was too big a sail for me on the outside. Still looking for the perfect 4.7/small board day at Coyote this year.
ctuna

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject: I saw and talked to windward a couple of weekends ago Reply with quote

I saw and talked to windward a couple of weekends ago.
He was out at Sea cliff beach on his usual setup.
When he came in I had a hard time recognizing him as he
has his hair 60's Hippy Long. He said he was working again.
SPQR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear Windward 1 is ok, I enjoyed his windsurfing reports. But working, yes that always complicated things. It's partly why I surf super early during the summer.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Crissy Sep 5 Reply with quote

I rig 5.0 at 3pm and it works nicely until 4:30 ... then it comes up strongly and after a while I give up and go back to shore. Mostly it is because of the chop: horrible, confused, high frequency chop with barely a patch of ... less choppy crap. Shocked Not really much fun going out, coming in as usual a bit better.
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got so old and feeble I had to find a FSW 86 that had full double concave from nose thru the standing area, to cushion the harsh chop.
Settled on the 3S, my JPFSW84 faster, quicker, and pounded me to death in ratchet chop condtions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 154, 155, 156 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 155 of 329

Jump to: