myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Megan Rapinoe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, no that is not Paul Pelosi...I know Paul , that's not him.
Secondly, as much as I like seeing a young firebrand in the House, I don't know if I'd consider AOC inspirational.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how the people who defended the whackos in the Tea Party movement as idealistic patriots now describe the idealistic, but unrealistic new Democratic Congresswomen with misogynistic terms and insults. Could this be hypocrisy?

Pelosi is the adult in the room, able to count votes like Drumpf cannot.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to mac, you have to be a misogynist to be critical of a woman in any form.
Can't get much more narrow minded than that.
Just like you have to be a racist to be critical of a black person.
You can thread mac's brain thru the eye of a needle.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are, of course, talking about the same people that rationalized or ignored the racist elements of the Tea Party, describing them, based on anecdotes, as good people. That sounds familiar. But it is false.

Quote:
Within days of President Obama’s inauguration seven and a half years ago, the Tea Party took national politics by storm. Sympathetic pundits and affiliated politicians claimed that the movement amounted to the formation of a new third party that represented widespread economic concerns, its motivation based on outrage over deficit spending, the stimulus package, and the national debt.

Yet coverage of Tea Party rallies also included images of protest signs covered with racist slogans such as ‘‘A Village in Kenya Is Missing Its Idiot: Deport Obama!’’ ‘‘Congress = Slave Owner; Taxpayer = N**gar,’’ and ‘‘Imam Obama Wants to Ban Pork: Don’t Let Him Steal Your Meat,’’ among other inflammatory proclamations.

Tea Party members argued that their opposition to Obama was based on differences over economic policies and not on racial animus – that those placards were extreme outliers. Yet scholarly debates continue over where Tea Partiers’ intolerance for government spending on, say, unemployment benefits for those deemed undeserving ends and racism begins.

Those debates remain significant in the lead-up to the 2016 presidential election, as accusations of racism trail the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, Donald Trump. In other words, what can the Tea Party teach us about Trump's ascension?
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
According to mac, you have to be a misogynist to be critical of a woman in any form.
Can't get much more narrow minded than that.
Just like you have to be a racist to be critical of a black person.
You can thread mac's brain thru the eye of a needle.

NW doesn’t recognize the word “cunt” as misogyny. NW doesn’t recognize mrgybe’s rant about when women knew their place as misogyny. Maybe just a scene from Stepford Wives? My sister and law and daughtewr would slap mrgybe silly for those comments.

NW is an idiot—but maybe he’ll recognize this, by his buddy, as misogyny.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac, why do you have to post so many things twice? I'm not talking about the same thing on two different threads, like this latest, but twice in a row?
Somebody should go over to your house and show you how to use your computer.

"My sister and law and daughtewr would slap mrgybe silly for those comments."
As you hid behind them.

But no surprise that you are still trying to Bill Clintonize our president.
What a complete goof, in the Berkeley bunker.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Gybes rant? Women knew their place? A scene from Stepford Wives???

If that's your understanding of what was being said you have lost all common sense! It is you who are on a rant, and have elected yourself as spokesman (or should that be spokesperson) for women.

The sexes are in a partnership; evolution has successfully seen to that over the last million years or so. Women must depend on men, and men must depend on women. As stated, women have had a moderating effect on testerone induced excesses of men through evolutions amazing and mysterious effects of love. (One of evolutions greatest wonders.)

The women I know are only too aware of that power, as I (and most men I would think) have found to our cost!! Though fortunately, I've never been in a relationship with a Lady Macbeth!

If women nowadays are on a mission to become the dominant sex (under the pretence of simply wanting equality in ALL things) then they should be careful what they wish for. 'Men' won't accept that.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess misogyny is invisible to all conservatives. I have no objection to thoughtful criticism of women. But to fail to realize language like "cunt" and "shrieking harridans" as misogyny is to be willfully ignorant.

Quote:
We have relied upon women to be a moderating, civilizing influence on society and a much needed balance to the testosterone fueled excesses of their male counterparts. I think that still largely occurs, but many of the most visible females have become shrieking harridans, spewing out crass epithets in an endless stream of victimhood to the cheers of ignorant followers.

The assigned role for women here--to be a moderating influence on society--is crass paternalism. It is useful to study history, and be amused by gybe's contempt for such activities. It is 100 years since women were granted the right to vote in this country--despite opposition from conservatives and nearly all of the south. The final state, Tennessee, passed a resolution in support of what became the Nineteenth Amendment by a vote of 50 to 44. Support for the amendment had been rejected by Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi. That opposition died hard in the south--Alabama ratified the amendment finally in 1953, South Carolina in 1969, North Carolina in 1971, Louisiana and Georgia after 1970, and Mississippi held out until 1984.

The arguments against suffrage are echoed in mrgybe's comments. Opponents "invoked women's supposed emotional instability and intellectual deficiencies, the danger to society of anything that distracted them from their domestic duties as wives and mothers, and the threat to the moral order should they sully themselves with politics." (New Yorker, July 8 and 15) I guess that Rapinhoe's protests against discrimination against gays fits that mold, earning the term "shrieking harridan", while Trump's insults can safely be ignored.

It is not an accident that this fervor comes from those who oppose letting women retain the right to choose to control their reproductive health. Women clearly can't be trusted to make the right choices, and it is the responsibility of men and right wing churches and judges to make those choices for them.

To ignore the systematic attacks of Trumpism on women's rights, and then to define women who object as harridans is indeed misogyny. But I'm not surprised you boys couldn't figure that out on your own.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I guess misogyny is invisible to all conservatives. I have no objection to thoughtful criticism of women. But to fail to realize language like "cunt" and "shrieking harridans" as misogyny is to be willfully ignorant.

Quote:
We have relied upon women to be a moderating, civilizing influence on society and a much needed balance to the testosterone fueled excesses of their male counterparts. I think that still largely occurs, but many of the most visible females have become shrieking harridans, spewing out crass epithets in an endless stream of victimhood to the cheers of ignorant followers.

The assigned role for women here--to be a moderating influence on society--is crass paternalism. It is useful to study history, and be amused by gybe's contempt for such activities. It is 100 years since women were granted the right to vote in this country--despite opposition from conservatives and nearly all of the south. The final state, Tennessee, passed a resolution in support of what became the Nineteenth Amendment by a vote of 50 to 44. Support for the amendment had been rejected by Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi. That opposition died hard in the south--Alabama ratified the amendment finally in 1953, South Carolina in 1969, North Carolina in 1971, Louisiana and Georgia after 1970, and Mississippi held out until 1984.

The arguments against suffrage are echoed in mrgybe's comments. Opponents "invoked women's supposed emotional instability and intellectual deficiencies, the danger to society of anything that distracted them from their domestic duties as wives and mothers, and the threat to the moral order should they sully themselves with politics." (New Yorker, July 8 and 15) I guess that Rapinhoe's protests against discrimination against gays fits that mold, earning the term "shrieking harridan", while Trump's insults can safely be ignored.

It is not an accident that this fervor comes from those who oppose letting women retain the right to choose to control their reproductive health. Women clearly can't be trusted to make the right choices, and it is the responsibility of men and right wing churches and judges to make those choices for them.

To ignore the systematic attacks of Trumpism on women's rights, and then to define women who object as harridans is indeed misogyny. But I'm not surprised you boys couldn't figure that out on your own.

You are a very sick man, sad old sick man.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there's another reasoned argument--from a bigot incapable of making one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: