myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Climate Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefish1 wrote:
NP, you seem like a smart guy, can you do your own surgeries?

I object .... no such evidence in existence.

Last edited by real-human on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Just trolling. The logic of a troll—Gore, a politician, was wrong. Therefore we can ignore all the climate science.

Trump lies ten times a day. We can ignore that too.

But wait, wasn’t Gore, a politician, basing that movie off information from settled science from scientists?

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
bluefish1 wrote:
NP, you seem like a smart guy, can you do your own surgeries?

I object .... no such evidence in existence.

Jealous? All your accolades, and the consensus is you’re a .....well, no one has really figured that out yet.

GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac. Leaving aside all the stupid playgroup pottiness that this discussion has got stuck in, there now is quite a lot more information published concerning the Russian Science Academy claim, which I first mentioned a few years back, of an imminent global cooling phase starting in around 30 years time.

Astrophysicist Dr. Habibullo Abdussamatov has published an account of his findings. He (as I read it) is claiming that the prediction of imminent cooling claimed to be starting in about 30 years time is upon us now. (It can all be Googled.)

It is pointless quoting details since it the main conjecture which is the important point, and future events will either prove him right, or wrong. But it does seem that winters in our neck of the woods ( and apparently in parts of yours) are reverting more to type, rather than consensus overall warming pattern.

I still tend to believe (and hope) that the cooling predictions are not just a load of hot air, so to speak, and it will be interesting to hear the warming consensus rebuttal of the Academy claims. In any event, if the academy claims are now starting to take effect we will be able to see that clearly over the next decade.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT—give me a url for a peer-reviewed paper by them and I will take a look. The most recent thing I read said that we are 100,000 years away from another ice age—a length of time that has increased because of global warming.

Most people don’t realize that the last ice age ended quickly in geologic time scales, beginning about 20,000 years ago—and sea level rose about 300 feet in only 8,000 years.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Who precisely do you suppose would be qualified to peer review the body of research carried out by multiple highly qualified scientists from the 'flag ship' Russian Science Academy?

2) What knowledge or expertise would your peer reviewer (or reviewers) possess that the Academy scientists lack? Or would he/they simply claim their reading from their research (prediction of future changes) is wrong?

3) Nobody is forcing you to deign to look at their research. Your opinion of it would be irrelevant, unless you are claiming equal standing in the scientific community, to theirs!
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to peer reviewing -

The number of wrong fully peer reviewed PREDICTIONS from recorded and understood data in global warming consensus is legendary. Of course peer review is desirable in many cases, but it is NOT an infallible or even accurate certainty interpreting what to predict from a given set of facts in such a complicated issue as climate change.

The Academy prediction based on their research has equal validity to the warming range of predictions. The fact that the two are not in accord cannot be settled by peer review, since both must be using a different interpretive computer model. How can any peer reviewer say which may be wrong!

It is events which will tell us which (if either) is nearer the truth, and we shouldn't have too long to wait. (i.e. 10 to 30 yeras range of time.)
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
1) Who precisely do you suppose would be qualified to peer review the body of research carried out by multiple highly qualified scientists from the 'flag ship' Russian Science Academy?

2) What knowledge or expertise would your peer reviewer (or reviewers) possess that the Academy scientists lack? Or would he/they simply claim their reading from their research (prediction of future changes) is wrong?

3) Nobody is forcing you to deign to look at their research. Your opinion of it would be irrelevant, unless you are claiming equal standing in the scientific community, to theirs!
Very, very well said.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/russian-ministry-warns-coming-environmental-apocalypse-fueled-climate-change-62804
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peer review is an accepted element of responsible research. I’ve served on the board of research institutes, and I know the difference between peer-reviewed literature and grey literature. I would expect that any geologist also knows the difference in credbility. Obviously NW does not.

Carry on. Maybe you can figure out why a mild request to establish the credibility of your non-cited, apparently not peer reviewed study, touched such a nerve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 40 of 194

Jump to: