myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WS magazine??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiamea

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

whats up???...is it just me?? or is this one boring magazine. The lastest issue is a feeble attempt 2 sell a clavo of stuff I dont need. The pic. are great especially of the women!! to bad there wearing bathing suits!! can I get a 10-4 on that!! hello come on??? lol....seems like every issued a rerun kinda like I LOVE LUCY and connie and rita roll your own!!.....and yes I have a fishing licence.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: RE: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

I wrote it off when it went political and blatantly promoted a presidential candidate a couple of years back. On top of that my subscription was good until Feb/Mar 2010, but just just recently its expiration date dropped to this year. Ive also seen way too much disinformation in its how-to articles. Windurfing is free, my ass, was its latest stupidity, and a high-wind jibe tutorial a couple of years ago promoted a technique akin to wrestling bears, when in fact it can be completely effortless.

Mike \m/
WindSapien

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: RE: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

This mag is getting to be a rag. As if the decline of good content wasnt enough I am sick of the constant dunning for subscription while Im already signed up for years.The delivery is at best unreliable .Im done with it. Typically when a service (such as this one)or publication(such as WSFing Mag ) is taken over by a larger concern we, the consumer ,suffer.They need to remember who built their house.They arent the only game in town. The internet has thousands of options available.We used to need the publication to keep up on new gear. Not so anymore. Hence the T&A. They need to sell mags. Sell it to someone else.WS
pacspeed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: RE: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

The thing that pushed them into the nonsense category for me was last months Dog vs Sanford idiocy. Neither of those guys could write their way out a wet paper bag, and thats the choice we get? Id say fire em both and open the last page to reader submissions, best essay sent in before some deadline gets it.
s1111

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: RE: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

The T & A in windsurfing is lame compared to Surfer or Surfing. It would be a much cooler magazine if it represented the irreverant side of the sport. The pro and the Maui set as well as the young sailors in the Gorge are sailing hard, ripping tricks, going out all night drinking takillya and doing it all again the next day! Man thats what I want to see, remind me of younger years, more bikini girls less reviews of which boards plane faster... please just pump your sail if you need to get off.
maxwellmaggie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: RE: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

no kidding! I cant stand all those gear tests...windsurfing is about way more then the gear. The thing is like 70% advertisements too. And my goodness!!!! Enough pictures/writing about Maui!! People actually do windsurf in other parts of the world.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: RE: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

Had to chuckle . . . the gear tests are about the mags only saving grace for me, and even they are now just a pale ghost of what mag tests used to be. My prime interest used to be their How-To and technical articles, but those, too, have faded since Winner, Larned, and the other old heads moved on.

Mike \m/
ron.c

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: RE: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

After having a subscription from almost the beginning, Ive finally let it run out on the last issue. Everytime I opended the mail box, my hope was that there would be something really good. What kinda did it in for me was the lame coverage on their 25 years in the business.

Comming up on 25 years of sailing myself - still hooked - but without anything to read.

On to bigger and better things - The forecast for the Cape might be good this weekend.
rc
wiamea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: RE: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

Then its not just me evidently....the photography in surfing magazines in my opinion is second to none...excellent!!!but with me and that the problem is its depressing when I;m landlocked and living in hell!! to see fine uncrowded waves!!...so for that same reason I don;t subscribe to playboy viewing USDA prime while my girlfriends gained 20 lbs. sitting on the couch watching TV eating potato chips!!!.....lol think I gonna say anything???,,,,no way!!!...lol
mwilly

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: RE: WS magazine?? Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree that the WS mag is lame these days for those whove been around a while. I guess you can only regurgitate for so long. Its still probably OK for newbies. My favorite from the not too distant past is the Windtracks Journal (the glossy one they did for a couple years). It seemed it had great pictures and good special interest stories (historical and present).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: