myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Im here in Mauii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: RE: Im here in Mauii Reply with quote

Oregon can relax all it wants, but what others call relaxation bores me even at home, let alone when I just travelled an hour or a day and gave up six other fun, productive, or intresting things to do to get there. My recliner is for recuperation from serious injury or surgery; it never gets used otherwise. I sure as HELL aint going to fly off somewhere and/or pay perfectly good money, to sit around on the clock twiddling my thumbs. If I dont come home from a vacation -- or just a day trip to a nearby launch -- worn to a nub and grinning ear to ear, it wasnt much of a vacation; it was just a trip. If I wanted to relax, Id use that dusty recliner even when I was ambulatory or sit on a beach chair on Maui or a cruise ship (both sound excruciating to me). And as long as theres wind, windsurfing is much as Arnold described pumping iron on Johnny Carson: better than coming.

Schedules, no. But wringing all I can out of every day of my life, especially when in special places, you betcha. I got only one life, and I hope to slide into my coffin breathless, not merely sans breath. Lifes a Hoorah to me, not a Ho Hum.

Id guess being 63 might contribute to that, if it hadnt been my way of life for at least the 59 years I can remember.

Mike \m/
coachg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: RE: Im here in Mauii Reply with quote

Mike,
That is exactyl what I was talking about. Some people would call that stress, and dont want to take it on vacation because it can lead to an early grave.

Ahh, but that is the eternal question. Is it better to live a long safe life, or a short risky one? Most of us fall in between the two.

Coachg
carl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: RE: Im here in Mauii Reply with quote

Yea but, if youre getting stressed out cause the winds only blowing 7.5, whats the point in that? Stressin over something you cant control or if you made a bad choice is dumb in my book. Why not just relax and enjoy the day for what it is? Then you can enjoy most days, not just when its 3.5 with 8 swell.
robgray

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: RE: Im here in Mauii Reply with quote

Mike,

It sure seems like you spend and inordinate amount of time sitting around posting nonsense on message boards. But I guess thats the office chair, not the dusty recliner. Keep on wringing.

Rob
laurier17

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: RE: Im here in Mauii Reply with quote

Well put!!! For someone who always seems to be on the go and lives life to the fullest...seems to post alot of messages on this forum. If thats the sort of crazy action packed life he seems to be living, man I must be missing something. Ill take lying on the beach improving my tan while drinking a mojito and watching the girls in bikinis walk by anyday. Sounds better then a go go go life in front of a computer posting on forums...but thats just me...
allen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: RE: Im here in Mauii Reply with quote

Mike, Dude, Dont let the bastards get you down. I cant believe youre 63, your posts sound like they come from a much younger, hipper guy, think Coachg w/an edge. Dont stop posting Mike, think of some of the stuff you taught us over the years: Maui is too hot, Jeri is too hot, dont go on a windsurfing vacation b/c youll get skunked. Retire early and live on a nuclear waste dump in the middle of nowhere where you can sail in Gorge like conditions. Go ahead and free dive 30 ft just before getting on a plane. Believe what you hear from Bush and his cronies on the war......the list is endless; keep on truckin Mike, theres nothing better than seeing a post from isobars.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: RE: Im here in Mauii Reply with quote

I didnt say all my energy was physical. Next to playtime comes mental exercise, especially writing . . . and my chair is an exrecise ball.

Mike \m/
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: RE: Im here in Mauii Reply with quote

One question: Who sez I get stressed out when its not blowing? I dont go anywhere with only one toy or plan, and dont go anywhere theres nothing else to do . . . which is why I scope out the activities before I go.

Mike \m/
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: RE: Im here in Mauii Reply with quote

I hate to tell ya, guys, but anyone who takes lessons from others claimed *facts or opinions*, let alone their *questions*, is in for some major surprises on the Net.

And ya know, after all the times and threads and forums where Ive asked how Jeris heat is, particularly compared to a common reference like Maui, only one person has ever offered a relevant answer; the rest have been blank stares or aggro blather like these.

Mike \m/
Pacoboyero2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Last edited by Pacoboyero2 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: