myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcelestin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum Reply with quote

Heading down to the Cancun area April 1st. If anyone can tell me if this is still in season - it would be appreciated. I am just leaving the beginner stage. Any suggestions for places to kite in Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum.

Thanks,

Mark
mcelestin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: RE:Playa del Carmen or Tulum Reply with quote

Cozumel Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: RE: Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum Reply with quote

April is still great in that area. Do you want to kite or windsurf?
Tom
www.cozumeltom.com
mcelestin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: RE: Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum Reply with quote

Kite. We will be staying in Playa Del Carmen - so whatever knowledge of the area you have would be appreciated.

Mark
Cozumel Tom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: RE: Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum Reply with quote

Mark,
Check out the guys at Ikarus. They have the Playa area wired. Lots of kiters ride at the car ferry terminal (Punta Morales? Moreno? something like that) between Cancun and Playa. I heard good things about kiting around Tulum. The area can get boring after a while as it is just a East facing beach with not a lot of variety. Lots of kiters take the passenger ferry to Cozumel and ride there. Country Club, the Lagoon and the other side are all great with lots of variety. Check out the riding maps at www.cozumelkiteboarding.com. Adrian (PASA)can get you hooked up if you come over and is the only one who can get you access to kite Punta Sur Park. You cant kite there without him and you have to sign a liability waiver. It is a religious kiting experience, but he only takes experienced kiters. We were there over Christmas and the waves in the middle of the bay were 10-14 foot faces. Not like that everyday, but you could get lucky and hit it. He does a great boat trip to the lagoons. Have fun.
-Tom
www.cozumeltom.com
downwind

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: RE: Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum Reply with quote

I was there last april and there is a Kiting school in tulum. Being a windsurfer I have drug my own gear down in april many times. Most days seem to be 8 or 9 knots on shore. When it starts jumping over 10 I head out on a 6.5 on a slalom board. This averages about 25 to 30% of my vacation time. Taake a wind meter,
mcelestin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: RE: Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. Will do.

Mark
mcelestin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: RE: Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum Reply with quote

Im a kiter. Any idea how much wind / what size kite to take.

Thanks,

Mark
mcelestin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: RE: Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum Reply with quote

Great info Tom. Thanks, I will head to Cozumel and contact Adrian.

Thanks again.

Mark
tropixman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Mark Let me know how it was Reply with quote

Mark

I'm going down to Playa del Carmen in late June. Let me know how your trip was and what you brought. I'm a kiteboarder with a 16m Switchblade Cabrina kit.

If you hit Cozumel, let me know about that too. Sounds awesome. I can't wait.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: