myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Stolen Gear (San Francisco)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Lost and Found
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jibes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Stolen Gear (San Francisco) Reply with quote

Ocean Beach, San Francisco, CA at approx. Quintara

Rogue Wave custom wave board (8'2", roughly 76 liters)... bright colors (red, orange, blue)... has a white repair area around front starboard foot pad with signatures of sailing buds on it... pro contour straps

black tendon

Chinook carbon ext.

Gulftech 100% carbon needle 400cm wave mast

WH carbon Makai booms with short harness lines

Simmer x-flex 4.7 (2006)... close to new... bright orange

Here's the story... went sailing around 2:00pm for about 40 minutes. Left the kit on the beach and went up to the house to get some food and meet a friend. About an hour later, went back to go sailing, and the gear was gone. We looked all over the place up and down the beach and talked with the park police... they went looking for it too. I ended up filing a report, and that's that.

I'm more mystified than angry at this point. We sail here often and leave rigged gear on the beach for short periods all the time. Today was very windy (too much for my 4.7), and it would take someone knowledgeable to derig or carry the kit... there's no easy access to the street or a parking lot.

If anyone knows or hears anything, I can be contacted at fukitsnukin@hotmail.com

JM Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Lost and Found All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: