myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Event Site Rules (Breaking)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Event Site Rules (Breaking) Reply with quote

For anybody interested, we have compiled a short video of windsurfers laydown jibing just a few feet off the shores of the launch area this summer (and in many cases, around people trying to waterstart in same area). It is a 30 second collage, and shows (among other things) children in the water, faces, etc.

Email me here for a copy (all the individuals are local heroes +50, and should probably know better at that age, and also know how to educate by example).

File size is 1.68mb

Last edited by alan on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
snowcrash

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any collisions? Why don't you post it on YouTube or Photobucket and post the link here then.
johnmcs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a link to a youtube post is a good idea
pacspeed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these guys didnt have the event site to show off their advanced-intermediate skills to novices, they would have nothing to live for!
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacspeed wrote:
If these guys didnt have the event site to show off their advanced-intermediate skills to novices, they would have nothing to live for!

One of 'em once deliberately cut right in front of me on his race board as I was jibing there. He underestimated the maneuverability of my sinker, however; I just S-turned around him, cut his jibe off, and watched over my shoulder as he went ass over teakettle right in front of the "bleachers". Dumbass learned there's more to windsurfing than just closing the gap.

\m/
tweeky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're talking about this summer, as in 2007. In 2006 the "slow zone" was not in affect. I used to "hero jibe" in the Event Site bay last year, but honestly tried really hard to make sure it was clear, and aborted fast jibes when it was busy. It just got too busy by mid summer. People can always jibe right beside the Hook if the water is flat enough. That's where I go now.
GarryW

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand the Austrailan dude has made several requests to see the video, but so far no reply. What gives?
alan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, (sorry) have not gotten the emails until now...

Seems all of the email requests we have received are from either the guilty parties recorded, or those suspecting they were.

But got some threats too, so all info has been forwarded to the Hood River Port Authority instead.

Give them a few weeks, and then enjoy the street parking.

We will have to edit the faces out and re-post on You-tube or whatever when we get a chance, but it won't nearly be as funny.
minstigate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

way to go. I never sail there, but I hope you never see me doing anything and tell my mom. you all make me so proud to be associated with you.
katosandog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minstigate wrote:
way to go. I never sail there, but I hope you never see me doing anything and tell my mom. you all make me so proud to be associated with you.

I'm a bit torn by your reply. I know what you're saying, and I agree, but the very guys that think the safe zone rules don't apply to them scream the loudest when they think they've been wronged.

I rig at the Event Site and beat up to Wells Island and was there last week. There were a lot of folks completely ignoring any rules. I was purposely slogging out by the left hand jetty and guys were just flying past me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: