myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Navarro Beach, Mendocino Co

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andydavis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Navarro Beach, Mendocino Co Reply with quote

Is it possible to sail at Navarro Beach (~15 N of Pt. Arena). Going camping near there this weekend.
pduff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,
I've sailed Schooner Gulch, which is about 8 miles south of Pt. Arena. It was pretty good except there's usually a bit of kelp in the water. I've been to Navarro, but it's never been windy enough to sail. However, it looks very similar to Schooner, except you would not have a potential wind block in Pt. Arena. Should be good.

Pat Duff
geohaye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing you won't need to deal with up there would be crowds -- compared to many of the popular spots on the W. coast (at least in terms of other windsurfers). Although I have heard that a regular group does sail Schooner Gulch -- when the right meteorological recipe is on tap.

It would be interesting to get a report..maybe a photo or two?

Surprised
millermp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: re: this weekend Reply with quote

Pt Arena or Schooner gulch: going camping with the family, but i don't need no excuse to go windsurfing. Is it worth bringing some gear this weekend (i.e. better than 50/50 chance of sailable wind)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: