myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Leo Carrillo 8/29
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dabull1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's either Finian's Rainbow or Finian Maynard, depending on wind conditions! And has anyone noticed the Leo sensor 86'd again? Bull l
theq

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That picture of County Line goes a long way in explaining why you sail there alone when it's like that...no channels. By the way, you're never alone at County.
All kidding aside, that's a great picture of epic County Line.

Yes, Bull, I noticed. Confused
capetonian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Leo rockin' Reply with quote

dabull1 wrote:
As usual, I rolled in at around 5:20 to catch the Leo late shift. I rigged a 6.0 slalom sail to to run with my 89L Naish Hybrid since it looked like the wind had mellowed out from it's earlier nuke condition. Yikes, by 6:15 the wind had totally filled in again and the kid was hanging on for an amazing session 'til about 7:45 when darkness chased me to shore. I would say the sensor is probably pretty close because I've sailed that sail at 3rd Ave in SF at a 25 average before, and the terror was similar to today. It's really neat when Leo's graph blows the doors off Kanaha's two days straight!!! See ya'll manana! Bull

How did the 8.0 MS2 you were using at Cabrillo a couple of weeks ago work out on your 110L Naish?
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its still blowin like stink! what is that, 5 days in a row now? I picked a heck of a time to be injured. by the time I get back out on my big board and sail it will be 14 and you all will be too tired to go out.
jp5

its still blowin like stink! what is that, 5 days in a row now? I picked a heck of a time to be injured. by the time I get back out on my big board and sail it will be 14 and you all will be too tired to go out.
jp5

dabull1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: 110/8.0 Sweet combo! Reply with quote

I have witnesses from last Monday who can testify before God and the Grey Gaurdian of the Bombora that I was out sailing my Naish Hybrid 110 with that 8.0 and smiling as the wind was gusting up to 25!!! I'll say it again for the ten thousandth time, those Hybrids are THE most underated board of all time. See ya at Leo tomorrow, and maybe we can get Billy W to try my Hybrid Wave! Bull
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: