myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Florida Wave Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cagjr21150

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Florida Wave Challenge Reply with quote

Share the Stoke

Florida Wave Challenge

[/b]
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce put up a graphic that may be a bit confusing. This far ahead, one cannot get a great wx forecast. Which are playing with probabilities anyway. So, he's got equal opp's for each day or 16.666% Not a very good looking graphic yet...

Maybe the master blaster forecasters want to help with some 1-3 week guesses for us? That would be super.
bthomas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida Wave Challenge: I'm giving next weekend a higher than average probability due to winds forecasted to be from the Northeast on Friday. This is the time of year when we sometimes get several days of Northeast wind. If it starts on Friday, we'll have a contest next weekend!

Bruce Thomas
cagjr21150

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Florida Wave Challenge is a Go for Sunday, October 28 Reply with quote

We have a surprise 15 to 20 knot forecast from the NE! This meets my minimum standard for announcing the contest. Therefore, we will compete tomorrow (Oct. 2Cool at Cheri Down Beach Park in Cape Canaveral (a few miles north of Cocoa Beach). The wind is due to build during the day so a 10:00 registration deadline should suffice.

Although this may not be a great beach day, I encourage everyone to invite friends and family to the event. I'd love to have a crowd of spectators

Bruce Thomas

http://www.floridawavechallenge.com/
madspaniard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm from the SF Bay Area visiting my brother in Miami and was greatly surprised with some good winds this Friday and Saturday. I'll be here until Monday night. Any chances I can rent gear around here?

Thanks
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Rickenbacker causeway. On the south side there is a concession van and trailer. Dunno if you can take the stuff to Virginia Key or not. Also, in Coconut Grove is Waterplay.
cagjr21150

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Florida Wave Challenge will try again Reply with quote

We got everything but the wind. If you wanted to come and missed it, here's your chance. With 2 weekends left in the event window, Bruce has decided to give it another try. Check the website for the latest.

http://www.floridawavechallenge.com/
daveofl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not some people did actually sail at yesterday's Florida Wave Challenge "gathering". Here are some photos taken by my friend, Mike Howard, who happens to be a very good photographer. Most of these are of John Ingebritzen, who is immediately recognizable by his Kona board and Aerotech Phantom sail.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hermeneutic/sets/72157602771529158/

Dave O
madspaniard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jingebritsen wrote:
Go to Rickenbacker causeway. On the south side there is a concession van and trailer. Dunno if you can take the stuff to Virginia Key or not. Also, in Coconut Grove is Waterplay.

Thanks,

I rented from the concesion truck (sailboardsmiami) and had a great time. Since the west coast season is over I think I'll visit Miami more often now that I know where to rent and sail.
sailboards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, thanks for the plug.
Ovidio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: