myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Leo sensor jacked up again!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dudco

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Leo sensor jacked up again! Reply with quote

Can anybody help me fill in the "blanks" on the graph for today. How was the surf? Does these continual failures bother any other long time subscribers?
sharkasm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Leo sensor jacked up again! Reply with quote

Very Happy

Last edited by sharkasm on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind was rippin between 12 and 3:30. Head high surf epic conditions over all. Cool Noaa is the only way to go right now. It is updated every hour.
nealpar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to "THEQ"'s tip, I got to County around 2:15 (drove by Leo, but the inside looked too light, with only two sailors out and their masts were 90 degrees to the water, so I kept driving) Seems you had to get there by NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! ?

County was filled in all the way to shore, so I rigged up. Only Lukoff and I, and a bunch of kiters enjoying mast high sets rolling through. I was fine on my 5.5 Zone for about an hour, then it got light around 4pm. Sort of came up again a bit around 4:30. Saw Traig launching his kite after the sun went down.
nealpar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The water is yummy. Not at all cold right now.
Waves are supposed to be good for another day.
laci

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to Leo at 2:30, saw Bard get some cool waves. Wind looked light on the inside and gusty on the outside and a nice South swell with the peaks breaking on the rock. I will not use any part of my anatomy to describe the relative size of the waves, but they definitively looked fun. I went out on my longboard which was a good call, because when the wind backed off around 3:30 it didn't bother me. The waves remained great. What the fuck is going on with the sensor?
theq

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember what time I got to Leo, but it was after stevenbard and before I saw laci. When I first got out, only Hardcore and stevenbard were sailing. While I was probably out for a little less than 1 hour, I caught 2-3 of the largest waves I've had all year. They were big enough that the moving water provided enough power, despite the weaker inside wind. There was a nice, steep re-form happening at the middle rock on the larger sets. I rode a couple of biggies 3/4 the way down to K(TheBull)-land. I had a good time. The water didn't feel very cold to me. The air got a bit nippy as the sun was setting but I was in my car soon after. It's getting close to the time where the old ritual cerveza is to be replaced by steaming java.
Pretty wild having this type of non-clearing wind, coupled with a bona-fide South swell in November. I don't remember it ever happening before, the November South swell that is.
I wanted to attach a couple of pic's from late this afternoon at County Line but iwindsurf's attachment limit has been reached or something. Oh well.
Try www.veryfinehouse.com/NP1.jpg It'll take me a minute to transfer the file. Also check out www.veryfinehouse.com/NP2.jpg That spray pattern is rather interesting, as it's totally untouched.
sharkasm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Last edited by sharkasm on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
dabull1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: DON'T YOU PEOPLE WORK!!!!! Reply with quote

Man am I bummin. The Deerhunter went in the body shop Monday, and the Lexus is a crappy wind wagon! So all of you kiddies have a good time out there Wednesday and toss a nice willyskipper for ol' Bull. PS even Maui's sucking now! Out, Bull
theq

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Life is good again, huh?" Well, it could be much worse, to be sure.

Here's another picture that perhaps better illustrates the larger waves at County yesterday. www.veryfinehouse.com/NP3.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: