myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Political rant part tres - Michael Moore's Sicko
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
windoggie wrote:
I googled you

[PDF]
HopeandHelp Alzheimer’s?
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
For Michael Fick, this support group. has proven to be invaluable. “I never. thought I’d be comfortable talking with. somebody about my bowels,” he says ...
www.merck.com/yourhealthnow/ pdf/YourHealthNow_vol2-8.pdf - Similar pages

Wrong Michael Fick. There are dozens of us.

\m/

oh...so that means you AREN'T comfortable talking about your bowels?
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just exactly what do you want to know about them? Wink

\m/
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you folks break up quotes to interleave your responses to comments, as Capetonian does above? That's surely easier to follow than my numbering system approach.

\m/
allen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso, your position that FOX news is not biased is truly laughable. Even Murdoch would laugh as he would tell you he biases it to the right to get viewers; the guy is in the entertainment business after all. Why do you think talk radio is almost all right wing? Maybe b/c the audience is predominantly right leaning. If Rush Limbaugh was starting his radio program in the 60's he would have likely been left leaning. And I love the complaints about the left wing media. Isn't the media supposed to investigate and interrogate "the establishment"? What purpose would a right wing media have? Tell us that an idiot like Bush is doing a fine job? Support the banana republic policies that you seem to cherish?
capetonian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
How do you folks break up quotes to interleave your responses to comments, as Capetonian does above? That's surely easier to follow than my numbering system approach.

\m/

Hi Mike
There must be better ways out there than my tedious method. I copied your post into MS Word and then inserted quote="isobars" [surrounded by square brackets] before and /quote after each section I wanted to comment on. I then copied the result into the post a reply screen. For long posts I find it easier to proof in word than in the small reply screen.
I hope someone else can suggest a less tedious method.
Regards,
Philip
jse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

\m/

Click the quote button above the post that contains what you want quoted. It will create a new message with the entire text surrounded by quote tags. (Opening quote tag is 'quote="isobars"' surrounded by square brackets, Closing quote tag is '/quote' sourrounded by square brackets.) Then just cut away the text you don't want in the quote. You can nest them too:

isobars wrote:
isobars wrote:
isobars wrote:
isobars wrote:
LET ME OUT OF HERE!!!

Steve
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capetonian wrote:
isobars wrote:

\m/

Hi Mike
There must be better ways out there than my tedious method. I copied your post into MS Word and then inserted quote="isobars" [surrounded by square brackets] before and /quote after each section I wanted to comment on. I then copied the result into the post a reply screen. For long posts I find it easier to proof in word than in the small reply screen.
I hope someone else can suggest a less tedious method.
Regards,
Philip

I was afraid of that. That is tedium squared, but in a complicated, nested response it is far clearer than having to scroll up and down looking for numbers.
Thanks.
Mike \m/
madspaniard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to post into MS Word, just do as jse says, click on quote and then edit by surrounding each sentence that you want to quote separate with the opening and closing tags, easy copy and paste work with the tags.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allen wrote:
Iso, your position that FOX news is not biased is truly laughable. Even Murdoch would laugh as he would tell you he biases it to the right to get viewers; the guy is in the entertainment business after all. Why do you think talk radio is almost all right wing? Maybe b/c the audience is predominantly right leaning. If Rush Limbaugh was starting his radio program in the 60's he would have likely been left leaning. And I love the complaints about the left wing media. Isn't the media supposed to investigate and interrogate "the establishment"? What purpose would a right wing media have? Tell us that an idiot like Bush is doing a fine job? Support the banana republic policies that you seem to cherish?

As with GW, it's not just "my opinion". As I said, extensive research in multiple universities led by a left -leaning L.A. think tank rated them near dead center. And right wing TR's predominance tells us a lot about what the public wants to hear (i.e., the PUBLIC'S leaning) and does NOT want to her (i.e., vicious, baseless, irrelevant personal attacks such as Air America tried).

It's very obvious you don't watch Fox, because it lambasts the administration right and left when deserved, including O'Reilly's one-on-one grilling of President Bush.
• Fox military expert David Hunt adamantly and often called on O'Reilly's show for firing Rumsfeld for three years before Rumsfeld's fall
• Virtually all Fox wankers blast many Bush policies and his performance on many issues.
* O'Reilly has heavily criticized Iraq war execution for years.
* Fox regulars and mainline hosts include such total Lefties as Colmes, Rivera, Powers, Williams, Gabler, Hennican, Estrich, Becker, Hall, and MANY others.
* O'Reilly treats such characters as Clooney, Moore, Goldberg, Baldwin, Kucinich, and any other such left wingers with great respect as long as they adhere to his show's three rules: no lying, no baseless personal attacks, and no filibustering.

Of course the media should challenge the establishment. Fox does, in spades. But Fox does several things most the rest of print, broadcast, and cable news does not:
* It reports both the good and the bad, and shows debates between opposite sides, so the audience can draw its own conclusions.
* It not only exposes, but proves with hard source-based facts laid out for viewers to judge, the endless stream of lies from most of the media and both sides of the Congress. Most of the media simply shouts "Fox Lied! Bush Lied! Liarliarpantsonfire!" with absolutely no proof. I'll bet some people still believe such totally disproved, stupid left-wing inventions as "Bush was AWOL", "Plame was covert", "Building 7, maybe even the towers, was an inside job", "GW is a man-made catastrophe", "Limbaugh called soldiers phonies", "650,000 Iraqi civilians bombed by the coalition", "O'Reilly/ Limbaugh/ Savage/ Hannity said this or that or the other", etc.
* Give credit where its due. O'Reilly steadfastly defended Rather after he was caught and fired for broadcasting faked documents, and always praises left-wing radicals who come on his show and discuss topical points rationally.

I suspect you're right that Limbaugh would have pandered to the left in the '60s, for two reasons.
1. He does sway with the wind. It's one reason I haven't listened to him in the past decade. (The other is his baseless, pandering, irrelevant personal attacks on Hillary.)
2. Many, probably millions, of people who were outspoken lefties in their youth wised up as they matured. Medved, for example, was a fairly radical left-wing protester and party hack in his college days with Bill'n'Hillary, but now that he's all grown up he's a dedicated Republican.

The purpose of right wing media is balance, as this thread so powerfully proves is necessary. People who suck up to such left-wing tits as those of NBC (going over the top the past year or two), CBS (duh!), ABC (coming back towards center a bit under scathing pressure from O'Reilly), and all the vapid absolute nonsense we see every day on the rest of cable news and in such newspapers as the NYT, SFC, SPI, WP, SPT, DMN, etc.

And I don't even understand your banana republic comment.

You people who swallow the lies about Fox without studying it first-hand are being played for fools. Try judging it with your own eyes for a few weeks and you'll see that.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madspaniard wrote:
You don't need to post into MS Word, just do as jse says, click on quote and then edit by surrounding each sentence that you want to quote separate with the opening and closing tags, easy copy and paste work with the tags.

Been there, done that, many times, only to have iW time out and/or lose everything with a navigation glitch or one false click. It's not worth the risk in a complicated or lengthy response, especially if I'm having to Google up facts in the process. I guess it's gonna have to be like sailing in liquid smoke: brute force. Nisus Writer, here I come (it beats Word ALL to hell on a Mac.)

Mike \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: