myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Christmas Eve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedysailor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Christmas Eve Reply with quote

The weather channel was predicting gusts to 40 with a S.W. here on Cape Cod. I was out both yesterday and the day before practicing with my ram-air kites at the beach in anticipation for the ice kiting season. We still have pond ice in spite of the warm temps. The air temps weren't all that bad these days so I expect some of you were sailing. I'ld like to know if you were. You can read about my kiting on my blog http://capecodsports.blogspot.com
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Christmas Eve Reply with quote

seedysailor wrote:
...practicing with my ram-air kites at the beach in anticipation for the ice kiting season. We still have pond ice in spite of the warm temps. The air temps weren't all that bad these days so I expect some of you were sailing....

Happy Holidays, big guy, and best wishes to mom, too. Please don't fall through the thin ice on Fresh Pond.

As I said on your blog (so sorry you chose to delete it), I think your picture makes you look like Sidney Greenstreet (he's the one on the left). Certainly, a highly educated man of the world such as you knows Sidney Greenstreet -- probably one of the best orators this side of Orson Welles and Sir Laurence Olivier.

Hell, you could adopt "El Sid" as your next alias and nobody would be the wiser.

Anyway, Greenstreet wore a cute red fez in "Casablanca," but you decided to wear that strange red cap with the ding-a-ling on top. Too bad, because it makes you look like a goofball, whereas Greenstreet's no goofball.
Juani222

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi speedysailor, it's Juan here. I see that you are getting ready for the snow kiting season. I wonder if yo know anything about snowfering in the area.
I've been trying to find about it in the net but there is very little information. May be there is a group of people here in New England...

Anyway, let me know, and good luck with the snow kiting,

Thanks,

Juan
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan,

I've had a Snowfer for several years. Last year was the first time I sailed it with others who were sailing on FreeSkates. On pure ice I think the FreeSkate is better. It's like a skateboard with ice blades. They won't work on snow though. That's where the Snowfer is better, although some people also like Snowfer on ice. On the Snowfer you can't make it turn via weight shift. You have to use the sail to make it turn. Like a long board.

Oliver
speedysailor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan, I don't snow kite, or at least I haven't tried it yet. I have ice kited with ice skates. There are many who snow kite on the big N.E. lakes, Champlain, Winnepesauke, Sunapee and Moosehead from what I have gathered on the net. Phil@inlandsea.com can help you with Champlain. There's also a shop in Newport, N.H. that can tell you about the Sunapee launch.
Juani222

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys - thank you for the information. For what I hear it looks like Freeskating can be a lot of fun... I'll try to get a board somewhere, any ideas? May be I'll call Jim at sailworld or the people at Island Sea...
Anyway, thanks for the data, and by the way, Christmas eve was a great day at Fogland, the usual launch spot was kind of protected (SW) but the river offered a great ride with occasional jumps...
I hope to see you arround,

Juan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: