myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Que?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about the access to ocean sailing is that it's either entirely free, or that the fee is based on parking. Fees are not levied based on the boards in your car, or the possible number of passengers. While parking fees can sometimes be on the steep side if you pay for each entry, I find that the procurement of a yearly pass keeps things reasonably realistic.

In fact, I just bought my California State Park pass yesterday. Some might argue that the $125 charge for the pass is high, but I find that with my very frequent visits to a number of state parks makes it truly a bargain, as the per day price is $8.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just an additional thought about the California State Park Pass is that it's a moveable object of its own that can be used for different vehicles (unlike stickers that must be applied to each vehicle). Great for folks who own multiple vehicles that might be used for tranportation to the park/beach, and it could also allow you (the pass owner) to go in a friend's vehicle who may not have the pass. A nice feature.
Briangat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Issy observations Reply with quote

US Forest service charges 30.00 for year a camping pass. I dont belive it is required until May 1. My observation is that the board sticker is lightly enforced. Maybe you would have a problem if they scooped you up in a rescue situation, or wanted to put you in check for bad behavior.

Avoid the fishing derby weekend in April, unless you have Kung Foo skills of extraordinary magnitude like Bruce Lee. The fishermen exude a viscious disposition, and in their minds, windsurfers are the reason they can't catch fish. They will not be pleased when you launch between their lawnchairs.

Watch your back in summer for boats and Jet Skiis.
When the wind goes steady west, head to the east fork of the lake. Really fun rolling swell conditions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcPKOqGauug
D-wo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,

I wasn't able to watch the vid. Could you try posting it again?

Thanks,

David

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: