myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coyote Point windsurf access repair [Please Help]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mogunn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

concholepas wrote:
I've raised Mark's donation by $1. Smile

Thanks Juan.
Looks like the premium upwind parking spots are filling up! Very Happy

Come on guys and gals. If you haven't yet donated, please do. If every Coyote windsurfer contributes we should be able to reach our goal.

geffert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got Dakine to contribute $100. They will be sending a check.
Still working on some other manufacturers.

THANKS Dakine!!!

-Rebecca
Boardsports School & Shop
San Francisco, Alameda, San Mateo
mtnview

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see $122 and raise $28... Just put $150 in the pot. Whose going all in?

If you put in $200 or more, you get a free beer on me after sailing anytime you want. Cool

- Dave P.
windbetty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

The foundation received several paypal donations this weekend. 1 for ~$120, 1 for $150 and 1 for $200. All three did not specify that the money was for the ramp specifically and not the general fund.

Please be sure to specify "Coyote Point Ramp." The foundation was pretty sure that these donations were for the ramp, but be sure to indicate it.

I will get an update on the total donation amount later today and post it.
The Dakine check will not be here for a while. I also had a check written at the shop that I will mail in. Feel free to drop checks off at the shop when we're open. I'm happy to mail those if it's easier to stop by with a check.

Finally, I'll add a free glass of wine for anyone who donates! So you have beer and wine as an incentive Wink

Thanks!
-Rebecca
Boardsports School & Shop
mtnview

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one of the ones they said didn't specify it was for Coyote repairs, but in fact I did, the instructions on the web page said to put that instruction in the "second address line".

As I look at it again, looks like they may only look at that line if it's a Paypal payment (I paid by credit card).

- Dave P.
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtnview wrote:
I was one of the ones they said didn't specify it was for Coyote repairs, but in fact I did, the instructions on the web page said to put that instruction in the "second address line".

As I look at it again, looks like they may only look at that line if it's a Paypal payment (I paid by credit card).

- Dave P.

Dave,

Thanks for your generous support.
To be sure your donation goes to the sandbag project please contact Julia Bott at supportparks.org or call 650/321-5812.
The foundation will be eager to direct your donation to the Coyote fund.

We've got a bumper sticker in the works to promote support for the fund. Sergey M's idea has taken root and the results should be ready very soon!

markpaine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Sandbagger bumper stickers Reply with quote

Oh no!

I just started removing bumper stickers from the van because it was starting to look a little too, ahem, Big Sur... plus, somebody didn't really like the Alaska Girls Kick Butt sticker that I picked up in Anchorage last September.

Smile
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could put it on your head instead. I'm confident somebody wouldn't mind.

Very Happy

dougclark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this post asking for contributions to Coyote Point repair funds. But after looking at the entire forum I can't find any info on what this money would be used for - in detail enough that I might contribute. What's wrong with the situation right now? Last year it was fine but maybe things have changed. Too bad the sand seems to have disappeared since they put in the new parking lot - did they pave over the beach? Now you have to take a few steps up the little cement bag slope they put in but I don't find that to be a problem. Anyway, more info please!
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dougclark wrote:
I saw this post asking for contributions to Coyote Point repair funds. But after looking at the entire forum I can't find any info on what this money would be used for - in detail...

Details and links can be found here. Included is a link to the design plans and donation sites.
Don't know what new parking lot you're referring to. The parking hasn't changed in more than 20 years.
Some images from last Feb show erosion that is many times worse as this season begins.
As the promenade erodes the county fences off more access due to dangerous conditions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: