myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coyote Point windsurf access repair [Please Help]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Coyote Point windsurf access repair [Please Help] Reply with quote

The San Mateo County Parks and Recreation Commission will be meeting on Thursday, March 6th at 2:30 p.m. to review and approve the preferred repair alternative for the Coyote Point Recreation Area Promenade.
The meeting is open to the public and all interested parties are encouraged to attend. Please show up and support this plan to fix the windsurf beach access at Coyote.

Board of Supervisors' Chambers
400 County Center,
Redwood City, CA

From the SFBA site:
"The San Mateo County Parks and Recreation Foundation has provided a grant to the San Mateo County Department of Parks to study the hydrological conditions that led to the erosion and design a new trail for the park. The study is complete and a design that includes allowing a more natural shoreline and placing the new trail further upland is proposed. The path will still be adjacent to the shoreline and provide access to the beach and Bay. This permanent repair is a few years off because it needs permits and is anticipated to cost at least $1 million.
However, permits were recently granted for a temporary access and can begin this spring, if we raise the remaining $10,000 to cover the costs of this much needed project. $25,000 has already been raised.
The SFBA has created a $1,000 matching fund for the Temporary Repairs at Coyote Point. Please check out the special donations page
Or, you can donate directly to the San Mateo County Parks and Recreation Foundation, and specify this project for your donation from their donation page ... remember to specify the Coyote project."

Please join us by donating what you can to support this important repair project.

geohaye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo, thank you for your leadership on this issue. If everyone chips in, we can get a County-approved contractor to make the access repairs within the next 2 months, apparently.

These 2 ramps will be installed in April 2008 only if we can raise the needed funds.

TO DONATE, please go to the following webpage (link at the bottom of this message) and either:

(1.) Click on the green "Donate Now" button toward the bottom. Then after you enter your donation amount (example 20.00 or 50.00), instead of logging in to your PayPal account, below where it says "Don't have a PayPal account?", click 'CONTINUE' to pay by credit card.

This is the definitely the easiest & fastest way to make sure that the Parks get the funds quickly and earmark it for the needed ramp repairs. Important: Use 'billing address line 2' to indicate that you are "Donating to Coyote Point Promenade repair fund."

*OR*

(2.) Click on the green "Donate Now" button toward the bottom, then enter the amount you want to donate, and then LOG IN to your PayPal account.

If you want your $ to go toward the Coyote Point repairs, after you pay via PayPal you must send an email to Julia Bott at the San Mateo County Parks Foundation: julia@supportparks.org. Tell her your name and the date and amount of your donation, and that you want it to be applied specifically to the Coyote Point Promenade repair fund.

*OR*

(3.) Download, print, and fill out the form to donate by credit card or check through the mail. Please write boldly and clearly on the form: "Donating to Coyote Point Promenade repair fund."

http://www.supportparks.org/donor.html

Last edited by geohaye on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:40 am; edited 7 times in total
geohaye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just donated $100, and it went smoothly.

Very Happy

I did option (2.) which means I logged in to my PayPal account.

I of course failed to fill out the "coupon" field to specify "Coyote Point Promenade repairs"...so I had to email Julia Bott. Otherwise this $ would probably have just gone to the Parks' general fund for road repairs or who knows what.
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geohaye wrote:
I just donated $100, and it went smoothly.

Very Happy

George,
Thanks so much to you and all who support this major endeavor.
FYI, to anyone without a PayPal account, donation by credit card is smooth as silk too!
Step up and put your money where your mouth is...please. Wink

carl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo
Good job getting this out.

Did they say what the contractors were going to do for the $35K?
I got an estimate for a really nice driveway for $5K, I guess a "temporary fix" to the ramp is much more involved than that though.
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl wrote:
Mo
Good job getting this out.

Did they say what the contractors were going to do for the $35K?
I got an estimate for a really nice driveway for $5K, I guess a "temporary fix" to the ramp is much more involved than that though.

Carl,

In September 2007, in a public meeting we met with park planners, engineers from PWA and park benefactors to discuss not only the temporary fix but to also address a permanent solution for safe beach access for windsurfers and swimmers.

The proposal based on that meeting and other resources will be held to public scrutiny at the public meeting on Thursday, March 6th in Redwood City.

Please join us at the meeting and if you find the proposal worthy, please step up and contribute to the fund. As a Coyote regular, I'm sure you'll see the benefits of the repair.

It ain't your average mama's driveway we're talkin' 'bout here
Wink

geohaye

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to donate. It all works. Julia Bott at the County Parks Foundation is on it. After I screwed up and didn't leave a note anywhere during the payment process that I wanted the $$ to go to the Coyote Point repairs, I emailed Ms. Bott to clarify (gave her my name, date, amount).

She wrote back this AM:

Subject: Re: PayPal donation for Coyote Point Promenade repair fund

I had a suspicion this was a CP Promenade fund gift. Will do. You
will get an official thank you later, suitable for the IRS, this week.
Thanks JB
sergem

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just donated $120. I figure I save more than that on park pass each year Smile
Come on guys, a dinged board would cost more to fix!
markpaine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: See your 120 and raise you 1 Reply with quote

Transaction ID: 9DM86580HN310810R Placed on Mar. 5, 2008
Payment For Quantity Price
San Mateo County Parks and Recreation Foundation
Item #SMCPR Foundation 1 $121.00 USD
markpaine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: See your 120 and raise you 1 Reply with quote

By the way, in my excitement to see Sergey's $120.00 and raise him $1.00, I also pulled a George Haye and forgot to indicate that I wanted my $121.00 to be applied toward the ramp replacement (but yes, I sent email to Julia).

I think this means I get dibs on the northwestern-most parking spot unless someone raises me. Here me Mo? Smile

-Mark

markpaine wrote:
Transaction ID: 9DM86580HN310810R Placed on Mar. 5, 2008
Payment For Quantity Price
San Mateo County Parks and Recreation Foundation
Item #SMCPR Foundation 1 $121.00 USD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: