myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coyote Point windsurf access repair [Please Help]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: An Update... Reply with quote

Looks like the current donations including matching funds from the SFBA are about $3,500 from a total of 11 donors.

First, let's give a HUGE SHOUT OUT TO LYNDA JOHNSTON!!!
THANK YOU LYNDA!
Your donation has gone beyond and set the example. I'll be washing your car and walking your dog in gratitude for a long time to come. Smile

We all know there are far more than 11 regulars at Coyote. I'm guessing there are at least 100, and if each of us gave $100 we'd meet the goal of $10,000. (I'm a math genius, my mom would be proud, please don't tell her I used a calculator) Wink

I hope all the CalCup guys 'n gals chip in and I hope all the Bay Area shops reach their hands across the Bay and consider this an opportunity to show support for safe windsurfing and kitesurfing access in our Bay Area community.

Come on Bay Area sailors. We need your support.

sergem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stickers are here!

If you donated, please consider displaying the sticker on your windsurfing vehicle, to attract attention to the cause!

Use this handout to help inform your fellow sailors:
http://videojibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/coyote-ramp.pdf

You can get stickers from me (I am Sergey, champagne CR-V with 2-board gorge rax on top, I park mid-lot) or from Boardsports School shop (in the lifeguard tower in the park on the beach). Boardsports School shop hours are 12pm-6pm Sat and Sun.

excerpt:
Quote:
A complete closure of the launch might follow should a single injury happen caused by the current deteriorated ramp if we fail to collect the above amount. Do we need more launch sites closed in the Bay? For many Bay sailors, Treasure Island is just a warm memory, now in the past.

Moreover, the public authorities would not treat the needs of windsurfers with any priority if the number of people who donated would be low, more so if we also fail to collect the $10,000 needed.

If you sail Coyote Point, consider contributing $100 or more - think of the expense as the insurance for the repair of the boards that will eventually be dinged on treacherous dips of the current ramp. Remember, each of your dollars buys $2.50 in public funds needed to provide safe access!

Please join us even if you don't sail at Coyote Point Park, even $20 would get your name on the list and help your fellow sailors have their chance to ride the wind.
[/b]
mogunn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: we still need donations Reply with quote

We're not quite to the half way mark and still need more folks to join in the process.
If you haven't already, please consider making a tax deductible contribution to the Coyote Point temporary sandbag access fund through the non-profit Parks Foundation at this link.

thanks

diannesf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, as a Coyote alumni, you finally got to me. I just contributed to the cause. It's also important to support the school...which will have a difficult time if the access is messed up. Keep up the pressure...more people will donate. - DY
mogunn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dianne.
Spread the word if you can.

Very Happy

Bayside

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone get a reply from Julia Bott? I did a PayPal donation and likewise didn't specify the Coyote project so send her a following e-mail but so far no reply to confirming the money went to the right place.
mogunn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan_Dance wrote:
Did anyone get a reply from Julia Bott? I did a PayPal donation and likewise didn't specify the Coyote project so send her a following e-mail but so far no reply to confirming the money went to the right place.

Alan,
If you don't get a timely reply you can call the Foundation @ 650/321-5812 or if you prefer, send me a PM with your transaction info and I'll give it to Peter T at the SFBA meeting tomorrow night, 6:30, St. Francis Yacht Club, you're invited, hint, hint, hint... Wink

mrooke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just noticed this- been focused on skiing, what a great winter. Though I now sail mostly at 3rd, I cut my teeth (and feet) at Coyote. As I have fond memories of the place and will still sail there occasionally, I've added to the pot. Just $100 so I guess that leaves me parking behind the shrubs on the exit road.
Good luck!
-Matt (silver audi in the 90's, then a blue one, now a silver one again)
mrooke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan_Dance wrote:

She wrote back immediately after I submitted via paypal. I did fill in Address Line 2 with "Coyote SFBA" as the instructions state but it doesn't get through. So probably means every donation will require an email.

-Matt
windriderz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as of 3/19/08 the total raised is:
$2,304.00 in gifts (not including checks currently with Boardsportschool)
$2,175.00 SFBA check

$4,479.00 Total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: