myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windy this weekend
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron1234

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Windy this weekend Reply with quote

Looks like the North Bay could go off today. My wind and where page isn't working. I'm thinking about hitting up the North Coast maybe Tuba. Anyone down?
madspaniard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good, Tomales, Tuba, let's see how it looks early in the morning
buestad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is "Tuba" and how do you get there? Question
aaron1234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuba is out at Pt.Reyes limantour beach. I hit it up on Saturday. 4.8 on my 85 liter vector. It was good fun. I heard that Sunday was even better. The NW's are here in full force. Bodega or Tomales should be good again today.
jse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sailed Tomales both days. Both days were typical awesome Tomales days. 4.5 for me, 6 hours of sailing, total.

Aaron, I sailed Limantour a few years ago, but with nobody else out, I had no idea how to find Tubamancha. I'm guessing you sail offshore and pinch til you get to the break. But where is that? Out by Drakes Estero? Is it offshore or near the beach? How many tacks til you get there? I remember a STRONG current going north to south, which would make it hard getting upwind. What's the break like when you get there? Inquiring minds want to know.

Steve
aaron1234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, Tuba is up at the mouth of the estero. What I do is carry a wave fin in my harness and sail up with a fin that can help me get upwind. Once I'm there I sail into the beach and swap fins. I can usually make it in one long tack. Conditions are usually side on with 4-5' nice peelers. I'll be out there again this weekend if the wind is good.
Epenrose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuba only really works on a South Swell. Otherwise not much fun, place is gorgeous though.

The break is at the spit, just you the wave, a few seals and a couple of other creatures higher up in the food chain.

When the place works it is killer, had as good days as PSC. However also been skunked a ton of times.

To get to the break head out a mile or so and tack up wind till you get to the break. It pretty obvious where it is if you look at the beach from the ridge on you way down to the parking lot.

Not a great place to break down!
kevinkan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of my kiting buddies went to tuba on sunday... said it was terrible b/c the wind had too much north in it and was consequently almost straight offshore. did anybody windsurf there? straight offshore sucks for kites and sails, but i have a feeling that a windsurfer could have more fun than a kite to a slightly higher degree of offshore-ed-ness :-/ maybe i'm wrong, but would be interested to hear if anybody sailed there on sunday.

kev
aaron1234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction: conditions are side off not side on.
pravda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: tuba Reply with quote

I've surfed the estero many times and we've always walked from Drake's Beach. Is it possible to windsurf from drakes beach?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: