myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Ever see anything like this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikrtolica

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that this might be the right time in the discussion to point out that it does not really matter what color your board is or what you are wearing.

Sharks have been shown to be capable of sensing very faint electrical charges in the water, and that means that they can "see" their prey just by sensing its immersion in the water. There is no need for them to see their prey visually.

http://www.londonderry.org/assets/twps/danielgrant/Sharks_Electric_Sense.pdf

My policy is to let epenrose go out in the water first, since his floundering in the water after an attempt at gybing is sure to attract whatever predator might be out there.
theq

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epenrose wrote:
As a European I was thinking my Speedos may be good protection.

If they put everyone else off, why not whitey?

I'd be careful since Speedos spelled backwards is "Sodeeps". Don't call Whitey up from his home at So-deeps, where he sleeps before, and after, he eats.
nealpar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: SHARK FEAST CONTINUES - JAWS IV Reply with quote

theq wrote:
[ I've had a bit more extra-sensory awareness of their presence lately.

Me too. Kind of feel that way too lately. Gee, maybe we're both psychic. Or maybe, just maybe, what we're feeling is PLAIN OLD FEAR! Shocked

But does anybody know the approximate length of time it may take a GW to swim from Solana Beach to Malibu?
tsokat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am much more concerned about the Chupacabra (a/k/a "Goatsucker") that I believe that I saw last Friday scurrying out of the back of the parking lot in Cameron's English Pub in Half Moon Bay after having a couple of post session pints than I am about the Landlord. This could be an ominous sign as they usually do not venture any farther north than the Lower Rio Grande Valley of Texas.

Last edited by tsokat on Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:06 am; edited 4 times in total
rowena

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epenrose said

Quote:
As a European I was thinking my Speedos may be good protection. If they put everyone else off, why not whitey?

Only if accompanied by white legs and hairy upper thighs. Marine biologists concur that this combination in a bottle is the most effective shark repellent known to man. Survivors of the Titanic disaster reported it was the most effective deterrent.
theq

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsokat wrote:
I am much more concerned about the Chupacabra (a/k/a "Goatsucker") that I believe that saw last Friday scurrying out of the back of the parking lot in Cameron's English Pub in Half Moon Bay after having a couple of post session pints than I am about the Landlord. This could be an ominous sign as they usually do not venture any farther north than the Lower Rio Grande Valley of Texas.

I haven't been visited by a succubus in the night for some time, nor have I seen this "Goatsucker" of yours. Perhaps their related? The stuff that dreams and nightmares are made of.
rowena

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a couple of post session pints
says Tsokat! Ha!

This may offer a clue to his Goatsucker sighting. I have noticed odd-colored scat lately under the stairs at Leo...evidence of BigFoot? A Jack-a-lope appeared in my boardbag once. I attributed it to a prank by an enraged Kiter, but now I wonder? All these strange animals surfacing.... a consequence of the Tidy-Bowl phenomenon at Leo? As Godzilla was a by-product of radioactive material in Japan, perhaps our own septic soup at Leo is producing monsters, and one or two wandered into Tsokat's backyard, er...tavern.

I've noticed if you drink more---beer, tequila, whatever---the monsters disappear. Unfortunately, now that I have a visual of Epenrose in his uber-tight Speedo, I fear more nightmares than the Goatsucker.

Crying or Very sad
icesailing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: no wind Reply with quote

thought wed go diving today. wind was light.

2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.57 KB
 Viewed:  12497 Time(s)

2.jpg

U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This about photo is supposted to be genuine, the son was requested to take a photo, he clicked then swam in a big as* hurry, the parents didn't believe him till they donwloaded the camera....

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
theq

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one scary-as*ed picture no matter how it was taken/created. Even if it didn't open its mouth to sample a couple of hors d'oeuvres, the blunt force trauma would kill you from the ramming.

I'm taking up hang-gliding. At least there are no known Pterodactyls roaming the skies waiting for me. In addition, I don't think that Goatsuckers can jump that high. Of course that doesn't stop them from greeting, and/or eating, me upon my landing. Life is scary indeed Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: