myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
TODAY IS THE DAY TO SAIL!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flynbri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: TODAY IS THE DAY TO SAIL! Reply with quote

It's going to go off today everywhere at least 20 and probably 30. Polish off your best excuses, dentist and doctor appointments, extra long lunches - whatever it takes to get out and sail today before dark. It's the start of the season and you need to be sick today, of work and not sailing enough.

GO NOW DO NOT WAIT! THIS IS A ONE DAY OFFER TO YOUR SANITY! We talking mental health here everyone will be better off tomorrow if you have an epic session today.

In So Cal we have had a week of frustration just missing the wind because of that damn Catalina Eddy. Well Ed got his lights punched out this morning and the train in coming in at full steam. GO TO THE WATER. Very Happy
dabull1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: NO JINXES!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Flynbri!!! C'mon you know how the local wind gods punish us for posts like your's. Just ask Gregorvass, NP,Mitch, Theq or any of the previous mortals who have speculated on epic wind. If they exact their wrath upon us for your indiscretion, the "Leo Skunkie Hat" will have your name embroidered on it!!! Your pennance will be a rock dance at low tide! WIND Bull
MikeUzi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the weather reports are always right...if only it was that easy.

I'm with flyinbri though...I got my excuse for skipping work taken care of already. The sky is clear and it's looking promising.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gonna rip today. Cmon DBull. Hey, do you know what they call that little sandy bay 150' below the stairs? Bills marina! You'd better protect your hood!
theq

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wind is going to totally suck today at Leo. If I go at all, I'm taking my floatiest board, and leaving my small sails at home. Ah heck, I think I'll just make an appointment to get my roots died (Hmmm...on the skunkie hat, are the roots white or black? Probably white, huh fellow graybeards?).
Perhaps if I bring my drysuit, I can get the water to warm up a bit to the mid-fifties? Fat chance. Ready for another freeze burger in paradise?
Hey, somebody has to work to negate the bad ju-ju from the rosy predictions. Wink
laci

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were a truly generous and selfless person I could guarantee epic wind for everybody else, simply by having a completly optional and unneccessary business trip out of town today. Unfortunately for the rest of you, I am a selfish pig (at least when it comes to windsurfing) and I plan to be at Leo or County today. I have been looking forward to today all week. Lets hope we all get lucky!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guarantee wind today or your money back. Bring your 4.5s. I can also see the wind from my office. My magic 8 ball says "go for it"! I'm taking over Bills Marina.

ps County will be better than Leo.
flynbri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed
Ok I forgot about the wind jinx thing but @ 2pm I'm still optimistic that it's gonna fill in and blow. I kind of lost my cool when my buddy called at 6am ranting about the wind and then seeing the Satelite image look so classic, along with this sites prediction I just got a little too happy. If it does not blow 20, well this has happened before..EXCUSE ME!! Confused

2day4908.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  161.85 KB
 Viewed:  11620 Time(s)

2day4908.gif

coolmtnbiker048

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aghhhh couldn't get out of my 3:00-4:20 class Sad Sad
*Matt*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Laguna Beach, there was not even a whisper this evening. It seems like every day I have checked the forecast on iwindsurf it says it is going to blow 23+ at cabrillo. then it always blows 12.

whats the deal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: