myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coyote point. Almost violent confrontation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i make a point to tell any fisherman nearby that " we will try to scare the fish your way"

i think i actualy succeeded once. just as i was slogging over one guy's line a big striper grabbed his bait. probabaly thought i was a bigger fish trying to get it first.
LoveSplittingLanes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Coyote - very dangerous! Reply with quote

Hi,
I carefully read this thread and wanted to add that this one of the reason why I decided to leave CA for Boston! Too many strange individuals lurking in the parking lot at Coyote and vicinity... and these fishermen have periodically given me some worries (car vandalism!). Now in Boston, I feel much more protected - particularly from November to April... The suspicious caracters in the Coyote parking lot are something to be certainly concerned about. I am glad Florida just passed a gun law so that windsurfers can legally carry guns in such circumstances!!! I am glad I can make a valuable contribution to this long thread! Regards, O.
dougapepper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is unfortunate that happened. I've sailed at Coyote for many years and never had an issue. I once sailed close to their lines by accident in one of my early sessions and learned from then on not to sail close to them. Also, i've sailed "under" the lines of fisherman at Embassy (they are high on the pier) and they were very friendly. Just be respectful of them and it is not a problem. I suspect this was an isolated incident where a windsurfer cut his lines.
jiber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone talk to the fisherman to try to discover why he was so angry? Is this area in a poor section of town? Are there a lot of street people? Drug addicts?

It seems strange that one would become so angry without some provocation...
cherrywood182

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, give me a break. Moved to Boston coz of shady characters at Coyote Point? This is hilarious. Windsurfers carrying guns? Are we on candid camera? There is a great movie script buried in this thread. I can't decide though if it is a comedy or a farce. I'm loving it. Maybe the fishermen are all terrorists and they are concealing weapons of mass destruction in their rods. We should round the lot of them up and send them to Gitmo. Smile
mogunn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cherrywood182 wrote:
Oh, give me a break. Moved to Boston coz of shady characters at Coyote Point? This is hilarious. Windsurfers carrying guns? Are we on candid camera? There is a great movie script buried in this thread. I can't decide though if it is a comedy or a farce. I'm loving it. Maybe the fishermen are all terrorists and they are concealing weapons of mass destruction in their rods. We should round the lot of them up and send them to Gitmo. Smile

Oli's post was tongue-in-cheek...an inside joke...funny if you know the shady characters at Coyote. Wink

cherrywood182

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, for the benefit of the out of towners who seem to be interested. Coyote Point is a really nice spot. There is a lovely little hill covered in Eucalyptus overlooking the bay with great views. There is a nice beach, a gun range, an excellent yacht club, and an environmental museum, which if you join gives you discounts to museums all over the country, including 50% of the SF zoo (which is probably more dangerous given the fre-ranging tigers they have there). There is a walking path that goes up to seal beach which has a nice kids playing ground and an open area for dog walking. It is on the bay trail. It is on the bay, and not really near any bad neighbourhoods. It does attract large family groups on the weekend having BBQ and playing music. The team-in-training folks do some of their open water swim practice there. There are a fair number of fishermen (those to whom I have talked seemed like really decent fellows). There are two really nice restaurants on the bay a short walk north, and also a big hotel called Embassy Suites which has a nice grassy area for rigging. I take my kids there all the time. It is about as dangerous as being slapped in the face with bowl of tapioca pudding. Of course, to the guy who was acosted it is now probably the most dangerous place in the world, but not for me. I heard Boston is quite nice to, but then I saw the movie The Departed, and now I am not so sure.
cherrywood182

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was deadly serious about the WMD. Sorry, can't...stop...posting.
Can someone please...kill... this... thread. I...can't...take...it....any...more.
agghhhhhhhh! But, strangely, I can't drag myself away. Help!
OK, If you don't kill this thread right now, I am calling the Coast Guard.
jimwilkins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being around windsurfers on shore while fishing is very frustrating, but most fisherguys come to their senses and buy a boat. Besides, most of the ecosystems around the Bay and Delta are almost dead anyway.
What are they catching? should not eat fish too, i mean its not healthy for you
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a nice golf course nearby so one could play 9 holes OR do some target shooting until the wind picks up. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: