myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gorge gear rental and hotels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wavelover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Gorge gear rental and hotels Reply with quote

This year my girlfriend and I are planing a trip to the Gorge and the Oregon Cost in the last 2 weeks of july Very Happy

It is now 10 years since my last visit to the Gorge, so I'm would love some travel advice from the regulars. Is the wind still as strong as it was 10 years ago, or has there been some clima changes???

We are both around 30 years old, my girl friend is an intermidiate freerider, doing waterstarts, Duck jibe, and small jumps. I'm mostly into wavesailing but I also enjoy freeriding. We would like some advice on where to rent good equipment that would suite our level (I normaly sail HotSails Super Freak and Exocet boards but other brands would be fun to try)

We are also looking for a nice Bed and Breakfast/Hotel style accomondation. But we are open for other options. Our budget is 170 USD a day for a nice bed, but cheeper and nice is allways good.

Thank you for your help, and sorry for any miss spelling I made (English is not my first launge)

Peter Svensson
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to re-post this on the NW//Gorge // Oregon Forum instead of general.. Idea

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
lakesailor17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always rent from Gary and Nancy, primarily because I like their gear (Ezzy and Quatro) and it's new each year. They used to park a few containers of gear outside of Windance but were situated in the Isthmus store last year. They are really nice. I broke a boom doing a forward and they just gave me another one - no questions, no charges - but that was before they moved into Isthmus. So, I don't know about the generosity in the new environment.

Many places in Hood River are already booked for the prime season. I couldn't help you with that one.

There's a great forum on yahoo for coast wave sailing - pdx.
jakethesnake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Hotels in Hood River Reply with quote

You can check out my site for Hood River hotels and book online. It should offer some of the lowest fares at www.windsurfingtravel.com

Thanks,
Jake
J_McV

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you come to the coast check out:
http://www.floraslake.com/
They have gear and you can sail the surf too.
Jeff
madspaniard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_McV wrote:
If you come to the coast check out:
http://www.floraslake.com/
They have gear and you can sail the surf too.
Jeff

I was there last summer, great place for camping and sailing, great winds too
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife an I always rent an apartment, which is not only cheaper than a hotel, but also more private. You also have a place to hang sails, wetsuits, etc.

They are easy to find with a google search. Gorge Vacation Rentals is one company with great service.

Most units come with a chill and grill area and many are close enough to downtown to walk down for dinner, shopping, and the all important vacation drinking. Get as smashed as you want and walk home. If you don't make it, sleep in the grass at the park. NOTE: only dogs are allowed to relieve themselves in the park area.
jsampiero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,

why didn't you just e-mail me? come on buddy!

When are you coming ... i should be there.

Does the e-mail i have from you still work? I can give you some low-down and good info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: